Latest News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest News

Just looking for some ideas... I've got someone who would like to add a latest news ticker tape sort of thing to their front page, just wondering how best to do this...

i think a blog would be overkill, just really looking for a small window that the client can easily update

I've done something like before using an actinic 'include' to insert the text from the file into the page.

All the client would need to do is edit the included file and do a site update.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Fragments?
      ----------------------------
      Fragment title: 15/05/009 - News item title

Text: blah blah news item

Or get a online news publishing script that uses java / ajax / mootools get them to update online and make a iframe in actinic or include it somehow.
      Web design Bradford

Comment

I've seen quite a few people with a twitter feed embedded on their sites, that might be a nice trendy way to achieve what you want.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from Ł29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from Ł19.95

Comment

We use Twitter - if you can't say it in 140 chars or less, it's not worth saying ;-)
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

have you got twitter embedded into your site Jules? so i can see

I must admit twitter sounds a good plan

Comment

Hi Jo, yes, the Twitter feed is below the left hand menu, headlined "Snorestore Updates". http://www.snorestore.co.uk/
              Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Looks like just the bunny Ta!

I knew you guys would come up with a good idea

Comment

Just a thought on embedding Twitter. If you find that customers are browsing your site and purchasing during their lunchtimes at work (you can use your Google Analytics to get a good idea if this is happening) then you should maybe be wary of embedding Twitter / YouTube / any social networking site, as many organisations block these through their corporate internet connections (using Websense, or similar).....
                  ActiveStock
                  On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
                  **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
                  Free 30 Day Trial
                  ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

Originally posted by rmorrow View Post
                    Just a thought on embedding Twitter. If you find that customers are browsing your site and purchasing during their lunchtimes at work (you can use your Google Analytics to get a good idea if this is happening) then you should maybe be wary of embedding Twitter / YouTube / any social networking site, as many organisations block these through their corporate internet connections (using Websense, or similar).....
                    I can vouch for this as I had a client who wanted a Facebook "badge" and Twitter feed put on their site. I duly did it and their stats took a hit - their primary audience was schools and we figured it was because the schools were blocking the SN hooks by blocking the whole site.

That said, if you don't think it would be an issue, then I think the twitter feed on Jules' site is ideal.

Kev
                    KDM Digital Media - Actinic web design and hosting

Comment

Im using twitter here http://www.kitesrus.co.uk/ i use it to push products or update on new products

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
                        Hi Jo, yes, the Twitter feed is below the left hand menu, headlined "Snorestore Updates". http://www.snorestore.co.uk/
                        I cannot see this on your site?
                        Have you removed this now?

All I can see in that "textarea" is blank.
                        Attached Files

Comment

its still there gavin, if jules has done it the same way as me the code is at the bottom of the page so as to not cause problems with page loading, however this sometimes means nothing is shown. Unfortunately your realying on the twitter servers keeping up with the volumes

Comment

Twitter is everywhere, from Heat magazine to Readers Digest. Everywhere.

No reason why you can't integrate it, it's easy to do and isn't too obstructive

Comment

Originally posted by GAViN™© View Post
                              I cannot see this on your site?
                              Have you removed this now?

All I can see in that "textarea" is blank.
                              Yep it's there - I see it fine. And yes, the code is at the bottom of the page before </body>so if there is any problem with twitter, it doesn't affect the site at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X