No announcement yet.

Upgrading V6 to current?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be aware that you may not be able to jmport a snapshot created by the trial software.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
      Be aware that you may not be able to jmport a snapshot created by the trial software.
      Hi Duncan . . yes, I just discovered that at the end of the snapshot process!

I guess I have to just start over then! hehe, all testing for the soul, right! Actually, i am really enjoying the discovery of all the new ways of doing things in V9 to be honest. As a V6 user now for a looong time I intend to let you know how easy (or not) this was because my site is heavily customised (no pun intended! ) so getting this right after it ALL being so different is much easier than I thought.

I do have one question: Here is a screenshot of the main page where we are so far with hardly much work at all. The Style is Premiere and fits my old site pretty good but I need a few tweaks and can't see (in the Actinic CSS) where the info is to edit.

I'd like to make the top Logo area deeper so I can see all of my logo which is 953x112 px and I'd like to make the main info area the same width as the logo width of 953px. I'd also like to make the light violet border thinner and a different colour. I see in the Actinic CSS there is simply a list of styles names at the footer but no specific info?

Finally, can you point me in the direction of the design manuals for V9 so I don't have to keep asking you dumb-ass questions and you start ignoring me hehe

Thanks for the input, I am so excited about getting this rolling now, it's really amazing bit of software.

Beej
      Attached Files
      Organic Image - Award-winning Airbrush Kustom Art & Airbrush Classes

Comment

You'll find the advanced user guide on this page:
        http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm

Comment

Originally posted by BrianCurtis View Post
          ...can't see (in the Actinic CSS) where the info is to edit....
          Preview in Firefox and use the Firebug add-in. You can then Inspect and see css styles and inheritance to see what does what, as well as test changes oon the fly.

Comment

Don't know if you are aware, but if you right click on a style you can select 'Look up in StyleSheet' and it will take you straight there
            "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Originally posted by chunkesolutions View Post
              Don't know if you are aware, but if you right click on a style you can select 'Look up in StyleSheet' and it will take you straight there
              I tried this Paul but nothing happened?

Duncan, I will try that bud, thanks both.

Beej
              Organic Image - Award-winning Airbrush Kustom Art & Airbrush Classes

Comment

Working...
              X