placing a product in the cart directly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

placing a product in the cart directly

Can anybody tell me how to add a product directly to the shopping cart from outside the actinic folder in version 6?

I have created a page containing an input box to enter a product code and this works fine but takes me directly to the product, which can be added to the cart.

I would like to be able to enter a product code which then places the product in the cart if it is found but bounces me back if the product is not found.
    Is this possible?

Hi there

Please see the following knowledgebase article: KB Article

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks but ......

Thanks for your prompt response.

The problem I have with this is that I am using an imput box to search for the product and therefore I would not know the Section ID.

Is there any other way?

Comment

Hi Paul

I'm afraid not, as you need the SECTIONID number to place the product in the cart

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Paul,

you would need to interogate the Actininc database to get the page url and the section id.

Not too difficult to write an access report.

Alan
          Alan Stanley
          www.stuff-uk.net

Comment

The whole story

Thanks for your comments.

What I am actually trying to do is this:

My client wants a customer service rep to be able to service telephone orders via the website. This could be done using the search page but this adds to the time it takes to get the product into the shopping cart as it first returns a link to the product found, then this takes you to the product, then the product is added to the basket.

My thought was to provide a separate page for the CSR where they could enter a Product Code into a form, this would then place the product directly into the shopping cart.

I can bypass the search results page to land directly at the product, but cannot place it directly into the cart without knowing the Section ID. The problem is that the CSR would not know the SID unless they had a printed list to refer to. Product changes are very frequent, so this is not ideal either.

Comment

Well, a form of the following type will take the CSR directly to the correct product. You would then need to click the 'Add to Cart' button though:

<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="http://www.myserver.com/cgi-bin/ss00000x.pl">
              <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="NOLOGIN" VALUE="1">
              <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="ACTINIC_REFERRER" VALUE="http://www.myserver.com/acatalog/"
              <P>Product Reference:
              <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="PRODREF" SIZE="20">
              <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Lookup">
              </P>
              </FORM>

Comment

Here's a quote from Zoltan at Actinic that was posted earlier.

Is there a way to add item to the cart without the section no?
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The section ID is required to find the section blob (.cat file) where the product details are kept. So this parameter is mandatory for the script. However there can some tweaks be applied to get rid of this requirement. The cart script can be modified to use Cart::LookUpSectionID function when $::g_InputHash{SID} is not defined (this is not done by default due to performance reasons). So you can get this work with a minimal perl knowledge.
                I think he's referring to amending ShoppingCart.pl to implement this function.

This is almost a one line patch, so if your server is up to the extra load it may be worth investigating.

Norman
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I have been trying to do this for months now, but without any success. Although i do not understand perl i have got to grips with what i need to do.

As fo chris suggestion the biggest problem is that if you use part codes with upper case letters and you type lower case the search will not find the product.

Also i have my components hidden and these are simply added to the shopping cart depending on what variations customer choses from the drop downs, this means the search function does not find the hidden products, so again i can not use the part number and script in this way.

But if someone does know how to interogate the .cat files and find the products and SID numbers i would love to give it a go

Norman i believe you even looked at this for me some months ago and there are some posts somewhere on this forum

Cheers
                  Darren

found it http://community.actinic.com/showthr...=&threadid=718

Comment

and another
                    http://community.actinic.com/showthr...threadid=1905.

Comment

Working...
                    X