Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday Notice

Hi,

I want to display a notice on the checkout pages and on the site to inform customers clearly they may purchase, however during a few days orders wong be processed due to a holiday.

I have seen some posts which mention using the Header, which i plan to do. Someone else also mentioned placing text below the "add to cart" button. Can someone please tell me where this is and how to do it?

Ideally i want to take orders, but give the customer the choice of buying here now, or buying sometime other.

How do i have text on each stage of checkout, informing the customer of the late dispatch.

Thanks

Do you have no one who can do a bit of packing for you, if so why not use something like gotomypc to do the technical bit and they do the easy bit.
    www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

Hi Crocs,

That was a thought which crossed my mind.
      I could then possibly say their order may be a little delayed as opposed to very delayed.

Comment

Personally I would look at removing any next day delivery options from the site and replace with economy 7/10 days then go on holiday, connect at a set time using gotomypc do all the donkey work, and let your assisatnce pick, pack and send. Saves losing potential orders.

Oh, the joys of etailing!!

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

Crocs,

Thanks for the reply. When you say donkey work (via gotomypc), i take it you are referring to the downloading of orders, e-mails etc.

By the way, i like your site, is V7 or a newer version?

Comment

Originally posted by billturner View Post
            Crocs,

Thanks for the reply. When you say donkey work (via gotomypc), i take it you are referring to the downloading of orders, e-mails etc.

By the way, i like your site, is V7 or a newer version?
            Yes, by using gotomypc or similar you can log in from anywhere worldwide (iphone can use logmein, i think) and do all the downloading, creating, in fact anything that you can do stood in front of your pc.

Our first week away saw me coming back after 24 hours as i didn't have internet access and the girls couldn't do the orders, 2nd time i went away managed to stay away and just used gotomypc instead and still had a noce time with the family.

Our site is built in v9.0.3 but we do use the services of an outside designer

Parklife, Whitby

Comment

That seems straight forward, beneficial too, as i dont need to have a copy of actinic on my travel machine. Just need to pick a good time.

So for delivery methods, i should just rename this too Economy - 7-10 days.

Comment

That would do it.

I remember seeing another thread like this where someone said they offered a discount on all orders placed while they were away on holiday.

I like that idea because it actually encourages people to place an order there and then, rather than going away and thinking about it. There aren't many circumstances where you can genuinely time limit a special offer like this but being on holiday is one case where people know you aren't going to have the same offer again next week.

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Mike thats a very good idea. I should be able to get someone to pack the orders whilst i'm away for a day or two. It may even increase orders.

This idea coupled with Crocs idea, may work well.

I take it the easiest way to promote it, would be via the Header text?

Comment

Your ISP usually has an auto responder option. Any incoming emails will receive an auto response.

Comment

Working...
                    X