Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damaged backup - restore from site?

Hi all,

Got a problem!! The backups of my Actinic V6 shop have been damaged and unfortunately when I installed Actinic V6 onto my new computer, I can't put the shop together as it was. I'd rather not build from scratch again as this would be very time-consuming. Is there any way I can connect to my online (which is the current working version) and 'download' my shop from there?

It obviously sends all information to the website when I built the shop, I just need to 'download' all the info now to rebuild the shop. Any help, very much appreciated!!

TIA

Jack

Hi Jack,

As far as I know there is no way to download the site from the remote server. Your best bet may be to work back through your backups and find the newest one that does work, and use this as a starting point. It's possible to import a site design without disturbing the orders, which means you only need to re-do any design changes since the backup was made.

When you say your backups are damaged, what's the problem- is it a problem with the backup file, or the drive they're on?
    Ben
    http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

Cant be done, you need to rebuild you site im affraid

Comment

Hmm, not sounding too good I must say, copy pasting sounds your best chance. Maybe an ideal time to upgrade to the latest version if you need to rebuild. Could be fate telling you it's about time.

Comment

With V6 you should be able to get some way using the online site. V6 still used the HTML template system so with a bit of care and attention you ought to be able to recreate your main templates from the online HTML.

I would probably suggest:

1. Save a copy of the existing website html. Make a backup copy for security.

2. Compare this with the standard actinic templates so you can see which bits of the html page go into which template.

3. Copy the relevant bits of the existing html page into the templates. Then compare your new templates with the standard templates and copy over the actinic variables into your new templates.

With a bit of luck, if you haven't made too many alterations to the deeper templates, it ought to be relative easy to get close enough to where you were originally.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X