Very strange and frustrating problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very strange and frustrating problem

Hi all, hope someone can help me because I'm tearing my hair out here.

I used to run an old website using v7 which has since been closed down. I have now built a new site, and something rather bizarre is happening....

I can upload the new site, no problem. I can also preview pages using the tabs in the top left hand corner

BUT

When I go to offline page preview it shows me an old page from the old site (always the same, no matter which page on the new site I try to preview). Also when I open the Act_Primary file in Dreamweaver for editing, its the old template and has no bearing on the new site design. I've checked which files are being used by going to Design|Options|Layouts and I'm definitely loading the right file (Act_Primary).

This may have something to do with it, but when I browse into the Site1 folder, the SiteHTML folder is empty except actinic.css (I'm sure this is supposed to be full of HTML files) and the PreviewHTML folder is full of pages from the old site....

Please help!!!

one more thing as well, whenever I upload, right at the end it comes up with an error message "An error occurred while sending the merge request". Any ideas?

Comment

delete the contents of the siteHTML and previewHTML folders - actinic will regenerate them

merge error - purge and refresh the website. troubleshooting menu

Comment

hi, thanks for your help but still having problems...

I deleted the contents of the preview html and site html folders and the site has uploaded okay now, but actinic hasnt regenerated the content in those folders, meaning I cant preview pages offline. Any ideas? Is there any way I can force actinic to regenerate that content?

Also, the pages uploaded are correct, but when I open Act_Primary.html in Dreamweaver it still shows the template for the old site?

Comment

Originally posted by modifydirect View Post
          Is there any way I can force actinic to regenerate that content?

but when I open Act_Primary.html in Dreamweaver it still shows the template for the old site?
          Answer to 1 is - delete the contents of the preview html and site html folders

answer to 2 is - what happens if you use the template editor within actinic? link the template editor to DW rather then none or notepad

Comment

Working...
          X