Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

<TITLE> Tag for Pages - Possible to remove the Company Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<TITLE> Tag for Pages - Possible to remove the Company Name?

I have attached a screenshot of the Business Settings Page within Actinic, and a google SERP for one of our products.

As you can see the <title> tag is shown in this format:

<company name> - <Page Title>

Ideally I want to strip out our Company Name from the Title Tag.

So the title tag shows just the page title.

Have read in various SEO sites and guides that it is better to have the keywords at the start of the <title> tag.

I have tried deleting the Company Name field in Business Settings in Actinic, but its compulsory to have something in there.

Is there anyway around this?
    Attached Files

Why don't you delete it from the layout if you really don't want it there? Or move the company name to the end of the title tag?

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

I think you'll have to do some more manual work in v7 than in v8 and 9.

You could create a new CV and use that in Act_Primary instead of NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE and then set it at section level.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post

You could create a new CV and use that in Act_Primary instead of NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE and then set it at section level.
        Ooops, sorry. Read the the forum title Rich, read the forum title.

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
        Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

I think at one point we just put a space in the Company Name field in Business Settings in Actinic, might work......

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

This sounds like the most obvious answer Duncan.

Can you give me some heads up on how to do this please?

Comment

Define a new Custom Property, then go to the section and add it in the properties and set as CUSTOMVAR.
              In Act_Primary replace the current <title> NQV with this CV. At section level you can now enter a value for the variable that will be used in that section's <title>.

Comment

Define a new Custom Property, then go to the section and add it in the properties and set as CUSTOMVAR.
                In Act_Primary replace the current <title> NQV with this CV. At section level you can now enter a value for the variable that will be used in that section's <title>.
                I dont think this will work with out layout.
                Our page titles comes from the "short description" field for each product.

We import 2-3 times daily which would in turn mean having to manually change this for every product ?

Or am I completely on the wrong track here.

Comment

The try just using NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME

Comment

The try just using NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME
                    Will give that go

Comment

Originally posted by Mark H View Post
                      I think at one point we just put a space in the Company Name field in Business Settings in Actinic, might work......
                      This actually worked lol
                      Now just waiting for google to re-index the pages

Comment

What's that done to your invoice and Packing Lists and T&C though?

Comment

Be interesting to see. I only suggested it as Gavin had already mentioned that he had tried deleting the company name, so I presumed it wasn't a problem.....

Comment

What's that done to your invoice and Packing Lists and T&C though?
                            When the Invoice is printed out, it does miss the company name from the address on the top of the invoice and packing list.

But this does not effect us, because the invoice produced is just for our records, an invoice is generated on our invoicing system which is linked to our bespoke accounts system.

The T&C we have our own customised T&C so does not make any difference.

The great thing is that it puts the main keywords for each of our product pages to the beginning of the <title></title> tags which google loves, and will hopefully be of some help with SEO.

Comment

Gavin - let us know how you get on, we're thinking of doing this again

Comment

Working...
                              X