Side menu bar causing layout problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side menu bar causing layout problems

My site www.leonpaul.com has a side menu bar running through the entire website and catalogue pages. If you view the site in 1024x 768 there is no problem however in 600 x 800 some of the actinic text is shunted off the page to the right by the menu bar. Short of decreacing the width of the menu bar is there anything I can do to prevent this?
    I have tried playing with the templates for the main page which I assume could be used to fix this but my HTML isn't up to much.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Alex Paul

Hi Alex,

Norman the once upon a time fencer here. I looked at your site and I'm not seeing much of a problem when I go in as a regular (non logged in) customer. Mmmmm - like those Epees.

Please check both as logged in and as unknown.

If you're only seeing the problem when you log-in it may be because you have an extra icon (for logging out?) in the list above the catalog pages and since these are stacked side-by-side they may be causing the page to be overwide.

If you've got a test login let me know and I'll have a look.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I forgot to say, since fencing was so much of my life I'll be very happy to help with anything, including stuff that needs a lot of work and that you might be reluctant to ask the forum.

Norman

Comment

Hi Norman,

Always nice to hear from fencers, it is amazing how many people have such fond memories of the sport even if they no longer Fence!
        Your offer of help is very kind and if you are a web developer or feel inclined to be helpful the odd hint would be really appreciated.
        As a company/family we decided to go it alone with the website and it has been a very rewarding experience however there are times when we spend hours fiddling with things we know would take seconds if we had the experience.
        In fact I have just looked at the site and you are right, the problem seems to have gone. I installed the latest patch for version 5 on thursday and had not checked the site with lower resolution since then presumably this has fixed it?!

If you wouldn't mind helping with the odd question that would be so kind. If you realy don't mind then drop me a line at sales@leonpaul.com.

Thanks for your help,

Alex

Comment

NorMenu - Cascading Drop Down menus - Catalog V6???

Is it possible to get the cascading menu style in Catalog V6(.02), i have downloaded Norman's clever NorMenu etc but because i am using Catalog V6, an error message appears as "Catalog V5 not found".

Is The Genius (and by that I mean Mr Rouxel) working on an up to date one for V6?

Apologies, if i have posted this in the wrong place - didn't know whether to reply to a post about it or start a new thread in V6.
          Kerri

Comment

Kerri,

Don't panic. NorMenu defaults to looking for a V5 site as that was the shipping version od Actinic when I wrote it. Just ignore that error message and click the V6 radio button and it will find your site. Remember to "Save Settings" after doing this and you'll be fixed.

Also if you're using Actinic 5 or 6 then NorTree is a better solution as it automatically configures to your site structure by using the Actinic SectionTree structures. See www.rouxel.cwc.net/nortree/index.html for that.

Alex,

Sorry we're having a bit of a party in your thread. See you.

Norman

Comment

Working...
            X