section_id and product_id

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

section_id and product_id

Im setting up a site for a customer who wants buy now functionality on section templates.

I understand this will require me to set up a manual buy it now with direct path to scrip section and product id's.

My problem is....the customer is going to be adding these themself an i need to tell them the easiest way to find out the section and product id.

If this makes things any simpler....each section has onyl one product in it......is there a way for me to automatically insert the first product id in that section without entering it manually?

For example....in the same way that the Yahoo Section list is generated from an array.....is there code i can enter that will detect the current section(enter the relevent id)...then automatically enter the first product id within that section.

Thanks

The way I prefer to do this to place cut down duplicates in the parent sections so the structure would be like:

Section X
    - Section A
    - Product A
    - Section B
    - Product B
    - Section C
    - Product C
    - Section D
    - Product D
    - Duplicate A
    - Duplicate B
    - Duplicate C
    - Duplicate D

The duplicates can have a buy now button etc as well as a more info click through to the master SPP.

Comment

This method would work but it would mean having duplicates of every produc tin the shop.

The onyl problem is that the sections would display at the bottom of the page with the duplicated products....although i suppose i could specify a unique template to hide them??...but i can see the client not wanting to have to copy every product in the shop twice.

also the client still wants to maintain the section effect so if you click the link(image/title) you still go throughy to the actual product....as well as being able to buy it there and then.

If theres a simple way to identify the section_id and the product_id that would be great....the client is pretty competent with html so could copy and paste CUSTOMVARS easy enough.....i know you can get the product_id from viewing the buy now button source on the live page......is there a simpler way maybe through actinic?...and aslo for the section_id?

Comment

The AUG shows you how to add an add to cart button to a section link layout or am i having a whoosh moment and completely missing the point here?

Comment

There is something in the user guide about adding to cart from anywhere on the internet.....not in a section template( that i saw anyway).

The reason i asked the quested was that it was another add to cart button on the site......and not somewhere else on the internet....and as such there may have been a variable of some sort that could have automatically provided me with the relevent section and product id.....as the button is going on the section template and there is only one product in that section which i need to link to....so i was hoping that there might have been soemthing like

http://your.URL/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl?SID=this->section_id&PAGE=PRODUCT&Q_this->child->product_ID=5

I know this->section_ID isnt anything of use but you get my point.

If viewing the live source is the only way to get the section and prod id's thats fine...ill just use that method.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            The AUG shows you how to add an add to cart button to a section link layout or am i having a whoosh moment and completely missing the point here?
            ....only for v8 and later.

Comment

That was why i posted in the V7 forum

no worries...the view source method will have to do for now.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X