Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone please check out my site

Ladies & Gentlemen

Just getting close to launching my new site and it appears to run very slow on my system. Please can someone check the site out and report on speed preferably at 56 kb rather than broadband.

Site at www.internet-workwear.co.uk

Regards

Chris
    Chris Ashdown

Lightening on ADSL! I will have another look this evening at home where my connection is much slower but, seeing as it is so quick, I expect that it will be faster than most stores on ISDN as well.
    Chris Brown

Comment

Many thanks andgrateful for your efforts tonight

Last night I played with the site and then it took over one and a half minutes to load the front page, I am working on reducing the images sizes so that may help.

Maybe the system was overloaded last night when I tried

Many Thanks

Chris
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris,

A couple of cosmetic things that strike me. On your inital brochure page the two buttons for british-outdoors and british-chefs have funning looking alternative images for mouseovers. Also, your "more" button doesn't really lead anywhere interesting...

I'll have a scout around when I get more time but the speed on ADSL seems fine.

Good luck for the launch.

Julian

Comment

I tried it here (at 56k) and it was quite slow.
          Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Your top banner is 56k. It takes time to load, and since it is at the top, makes the site appear slow.
            Bob Ladden

Comment

Bob , Julian, Jan & Chris

Many thanks for your helpful suggestions.

I have cut the logo down in size and also the jpg's in the site plus the background menu's.

All looks a lot quicker now on my site and just waiting on Protx to clear the site before going online

Many thanks again

Chris
              Chris Ashdown

Comment

I have just tried it again and got a superfast response.

I noticed that the internet explorer title text is 'Home'.

Regards
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Better late than never...

I have just tried on my home ISDN connection and the speed is fine. I note that you have had some other feedback and have already changed some stuff. Reducing the image file sizes will definately help.

My home machine is an old laptop with a 800x600 screen and I was pleasantly surprised to see that the site displays almost entirely within the visible area despite the wide logo. It cuts off in the middle of the 'k' of uk. Unfortunately this does mean that the cart is not visible without scrolling right and when you do, you lose the menu on the left. But you can't have everything.
                  Chris Brown

Comment

Jan Chris

Again many thanks

Chris
                    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris

Just clicked on your site took about 20 seconds to load up

Comment

Strange. I just tried it and it was dead slow for me too (on ADSL).
                        Chris Brown

Comment

Working...
                        X