Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinc Javascript malware alert?

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can help. My homepage has got the dreaded
    'Reported Attack Site!' when you try to click on the link in google. Since this is a money site, I'm desperate to get the issue resolved. I checked my computer for viruses - none, it's free of malware too. When I check in ie It says that the browser is trying to run 'snapview.ocx' I called fasthosts and was told that it is a java script issue in my webform, they'd seen it before apparently. If there is something wrong, surely the need to check the server?

I was told:-

'It is a java script that is embedded on the page where you have a webform when you upload the file to your webspace. The webform could be the form in which customer will enter the email address, name or comments. All you need to do is to check the scripting of the of your form and delete the java script part.'

I haven't got a clue where the form resides or what I should be deleting. I can do it no prob, but I don't want to mess up my site.

Please can somebody help.

Many thanks

David

first thing to do is a site refresh - then recheck the mail form

Comment

Thanks for relying Jo. Whereabouts does the mailform reside and what should I be looking for, some kind of .exe?

Many thanks

David

Comment

A complete site refresh from the troubleshooting menu - choose to refresh scripts (assuming you haven't altered scripts as part of your customisation)

This will replace the mailform script and all html pages thus making your site safe to visit.

This procedure will remove any incursions to your site - but will not stop it happening again.

As a precaution change your passwords on and offline.

I cant help with what caused the problem though, best to chat with your host.

Comment

Thanks, that seemed to do the trick. Is there a safer way to upload and access the folders? I use an ftp client.

Comment

Working...
          X