More Worldpay problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OFFER.

If you are a WorldPay site operator, and usually have the WorldAccess (Online PDQ) solution available to you, or a manual PDQ machine in your store, then as a temporary measure to keep you going we can provide you with the Actinic Shared SSL service until WorldPay get themselves sorted out and back online.

No catches or fees, just being helpfull.

Atleast by doing this, you will get the card details for the orders from your customers and then be able to process them fully once the Online systems come back online, so a measure of continuance for your sites operations and sales.

If you want to use this, then drop us an email at: actssl-wp@techno-web.co.uk, providing your website url, including cgi-bin location (i.e. http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/), and we will get you the details to get your running soonest.

Straight offer and no cathes. Once WorldPay is back up and running, then we will close these back down again as each confirms they are back on WorldPays again.

Hope this helps some of you.

Comment

Thanks for this generous offer Ian.

I was just wondering if just turning on Actinic inbiult encryption will do thesame thing. ie allow sites to take orders, collect the info so shopkeepers can process orders through WP when they return from the abyss.

(except the golden padlock....

Comment

Latest message in from WorldPay says they are still working on it, although we have managed to get into the network a couple of times ourselves, but this comes and goes, so they are still getting flooded.

Offer is there for those that need it to keep their sales going, likewise as suggested the Java Applet is always there, but in both cases you will need the ability to process manually once you get the card details, so sorry to those that have asked to use the system but dont have the ability to process the cards manually, nothing we can do to help on that front, sorry.

Comment

I was working on the basis that if you collect the cc data via inbuilt or Actinic Shared SSL then when worldpay comes up you can use the info you have collected to place an order online yourself pretenting you are the customer

Ian

The majority of peeps who use WP do it becasue they haven't got a merchant acct. WP is quite expensive but it is a way to get up and running with the minimumfuss.

Those peeps who do have merchant accts tend to choose a different online provider (Protx is a real cheapy). thus minimising costs

Comment

ahhh cool just got an order via paypal!!

Comment

I have been able to access our WorldPay admin pages several times in the last 20 minutes at speed.

Looks promising.

We've had a few orders via PayPal but I don't think it is a good option for the long term, just as a fall back.

You might be interested in;

http://paypalsucks.com/

Comment

i plan to use both!

thus offering a extra choice. Default/fall back with be WorldPay, but for those customers who have a paypal acct the alternative is there

Comment

Not having looked into it - can actinic work as standard as a primary / fallback system automatically?

I know how to achive it in PHP, basically by pinging the page and looking for the http response within a time frame and then just making it along the lines of if response ok do this else do that where that is paypal or whatever.

It probably woud be quite easy to hard code it into the perl scripts within actinic, really all it does is submit a hidden form to the provider.

Phil
                  ** http://www.diygear.com THE Online DIY Toolstore For DIY & Business
                  ** Infolink Electronic Systems Ltd. http://www.infolinkelectronics.co.uk
                  ** Professional Web Design & Cobalt Hosting Solutions
                  ** Sun Cobalt iForce Reseller - Canon Silver Reseller
                  ** Tel / Fax 0121 458 4894 (office) 0121 441 3558 (home)

Comment

Is this also the reason for for the extremely slow response time at the first stage of the check-out process that my site is currently experiencing?

David

Comment

I would only expect problems when the customer clicks the go to Worldpay button

Comment

Not having looked into it - can actinic work as standard as a primary / fallback system automatically?
                        i think what I was trying to say is that the top most option within the drop down box of choices (how to pay) would be Worldpay.

I shall continue to use both options now that PP has extended the protection to the UK

Comment

Latest on this on Ananova

Ananova:

Hackers attack on-line firm with millions of emails

Computer hackers have attacked a company which processes on-line credit and debit card transactions for thousands of UK businesses.

WorldPay said it has been bombarded with millions of bogus emails since Tuesday morning which has left it struggling to deal with genuine payments.

The Cambridge-based company, part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, has around 27,000 clients of all sizes around the world, with the bulk in the UK and Europe.

Payment requests from Internet websites are normally sent in on email. The company said a massive number of messages from elsewhere had come in to same address over the past 24 hours.

Transactions requests have either crashed or been slow as a result.

However, it appears those behind the emails - which originate in Ukraine - have set out to disrupt business rather than attempt to commit fraud.

WorldPay said it was putting alternative systems in place this afternoon which should solve the problem.

"It is important to stress that the integrity of the WorldPay payment and administrative systems is intact and there has been no third party access or interference with customer or merchant data," the company said in a statement.

Story filed: 15:47 Wednesday 5th November 2003

Phil
                          ** http://www.diygear.com THE Online DIY Toolstore For DIY & Business
                          ** Infolink Electronic Systems Ltd. http://www.infolinkelectronics.co.uk
                          ** Professional Web Design & Cobalt Hosting Solutions
                          ** Sun Cobalt iForce Reseller - Canon Silver Reseller
                          ** Tel / Fax 0121 458 4894 (office) 0121 441 3558 (home)

Comment

Working...
                          X