Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny Default Template Error.

Hello All.
    Please could someone help me with a strange problem I have with the default templates in V7 of Actinic.
    Basically Google is finding the www.topgear.co.uk/acatlog page howver this page is a completely different layout from the rest of the modded site (It looks like an original actinic template).
    Every other section works correctly as the home page www.topgear.co.uk.
    Its a strange one, and I have been working on the Act_Primary and Act_Primary Alt files - The Act_Primary has the correct template, but the Act_PrimaryAlt page has the incorrect template. Can anyone suggest how I need to modify this page to solve the error.
    Thanks in advance.
    James
    Top Gear

Check the page name you have for the shop top and make sure there is no redirect in place. Also check the template applied to the shop top page.

Comment

Solved!!

Hello All.
      I have now solved this by changing the Alternate Default Template in Actinic itself to Act_Primary and all is fine.
      Thanks everyone.

Comment

Do you have an index.html file in every folder? this often stops this type of error (as Lee said - what is your pagename for shop top?)

Personally i think there should be a message within actinic that pops up when anyone changes the shop top page name - i am not sure if the googlefeed creates an entry to acatalog without an html file or if it is simply creating alink to a page just using the folder name.

Failsafe method to avoid unnecessay 404s
        never create links using folders name only - ie domain/acatalog use domain/acatalog/page.html
        always have index.html in every folder - this is also a security measure to as it effectively hides a folders contents from nosey parkers

Comment

Thanks All

Got to upgrade this site to v9. But it will wreck the custom templates, so will do some testing first before I dive in.

thanks again for all your help.

James

Comment

Working...
          X