Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script issues??

Hi all,

Busy building my new V9 but still using V6 for the next few weeks.

Somebody emailed and said they couldn't log in? I uploaqded the store (tried) and get this error message at 'diffaccount.fil'

An error occurred while writing to "acatalog" on the web site. The problem is probably due to permissions problems, but could be due to low disk space. Actinic Ecommerce can not work with these settings. Press Cancel if you would like to manually examine the permissions and disk space on the web site. Press Retry if you would like Actinic Ecommerce to attempt to change the permissions on the directory for you.

Any ideas? I checked my space and it's just under 50% usage. Why would the permissions have changed? If so, what should the cgi permissions be?

Thanks all . .

Brian
    Organic Image - Award-winning Airbrush Kustom Art & Airbrush Classes

OK, logged in to FTP and checked cgi bin, weird . . permissions were set to 750?? Acatalog is set to 777. I changed the cgi bin but having navigated around, went back and it was 750 again?

what's going on there? when asked if i wanted to apply 755 to both enclosed files and cgi folder I selected yes.

Is this the mistake? Should it be 750 or 755 and how on earth can it change itself??

thanks

Brian

Comment

Perhaps some hosting restrictions. Best contact your host.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
        Perhaps some hosting restrictions. Best contact your host.
        and it needs to be 755

Comment

Well, I just looked a bit closer . . the httpdocs folder (main) is coming out at 268.47MB and I just looked again at the hosting and it's saying I have 236.1MB free! I have just purchased another 50MB (I hate this hosting BS!) and so I will try again but, that still doesn't explain the 750 CGI issue at all?? Very odd!

I'll come back to you in an hr or so to report the issue.

thanks for your help . .

B

Comment

Done! That seems to have sorted it. No space, well, not enough anyways. I forget sometimes that the site is ever-expanding! A bit like my waistline hehe

Cheers . .

B

Comment

Working...
            X