How to use more than one link in brochure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use more than one link in brochure

Hello one and all. Don't know if you can help - I've searched around and can't seem to find an answer to my problem but I am sure it's one we've come across before...

I'm doing a chatty little paragraph or two in a brochure page and, along the way, mention a few items i am selling within Catalog. When I create a [LINK] that works fine but when I want to do a second, third or fourth {LINK} no matter what text I input it always defaults to the original one !

I have tried calling it LINK1 or LINK2 but this doesn't work...

Any ideas chaps and chapesses ?
    Sci-fi and Cult TV collectables at www.startrader.co.uk

[LINK] refers to the details you set on the link tab, as you can only set one, therefore everytime you add it, it will point to what you have set on the link tab. Consider multiple fragments or embedding your own html as solutions. Where have you set the destination for LINK2?

Comment

What I was wanting to do [and I paraphrase] is say we sell shoes, shirts, boots and hats. Each item of clothing would be linked to the section within actinic in which they feature for sale.

I suppose I could create a Fragment for 'shoes', one for 'shirts' etc. but that hardly flows as a 'chatty' paragraph, does it ?

Thanks for your help thus far. At least I now you know it doesn't look like you can do what I wanted to do...unless you know differently ! Be gentle with me...I'm famously thick !

Comment

You will need to create your own links as you allude to, as the link tab only gives you one link. Multiple fragments is not an option in this case. Therefore for each link you want, do:

!!<<a href="Star_Trek.html">Star Trek</a>>!!

Red text is the page name you want the link to go to.

Blue text is the text you see as the link.

Comment

Hey, that's great ! I have no experience of HTML coding whatsoever so this has been very useful. A nice cut and paste as we go ! You're a star...

Comment

Originally posted by mrthunder View Post
            I have no experience of HTML coding whatsoever
            Me neither, but somehow i've made a business out of it for 5 years.

This time next year Rodders, we'll be millionaires.

Comment

And it works - great ! Just whilst I have you on the line, as it were, can I ask if you know why it is that my newly-added brochure pages which on the hierarchy tree sit above the actual product catalog don't seem to want to load up ? I have tried a complete website refresh but they don't seem to want to go !!!!

Sorry to be a nuisance...

Comment

Try accessing the page name directly yourself online, it probably has uploaded, you just haven't got a link to click on to see it. If thats a bit confusing, provide us with the html page name instead and we can have a look.

Comment

Ah, I think I may have answered my own question by going into Design Options and establishing my Home Page Link as 'brochure'. Hell, it's hot...

Comment

I promise I'll go home and leave you alone after this - how do you change the font size in brochure pages ? My text is a bit too small !

I am appreciative...

Comment

Font size is set in site options, set standard to be 12px.

Comment

I thought I'd looked at all the tabs in Design Options but couldn't anything relating to font size...

Comment

Its site options in v8 and 9, not sure what it is on yours.

Comment

When Del Boy makes his first Million he needs to get to specsavers as this is a v7 forum .. easiest way is to open the actinic.css file in note pad and look for font-size declared at the top of the file under body, tabel, th, td

Bikster
                            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
                              body, tabel, th, td
                              New tag i didn't know about?

Comment

Working...
                              X