Dialog boxes opening off-screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dialog boxes opening off-screen

We have a wierd problem which is related to having to use two screens (extended desktop), but we are stuck with having to do that so I need to come up with a workaround.

The problem is that when you go to open a dialog box (say, network settings), it "opens" outside the desktop covered by the two screens. You can tell roughly where is has opened because the cursor tries to move to it and often ends up in one corner of the primary screen. What we do then is just move the position of the secondary screen (in display, settings) until we "find" the dialog box......

That is a nuisance, but the real problem comes when the laptop (usually the primary) is being used on its own, and has been configured to be the only screen. The dialog box still opens outside the screen area, but this time we have no way of finding it, and Actinic is rendered useless. Is there any way of moving a current, newly opened, dialog box without the cursor so that it appears in the screen area (eg CTRL right arrow - I know this doesn't work but it's the sort of thing we're after), or any other ideas??

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Alt+spacebar M
    left/right arrow keys
    any key to exit 'move' mode

Comment

Perfect - thanks Alan. I found I had to hit Esc to get out of move mode rather than any key, but that might be just our keyboard setup (yes we're using two keyboards as well as two screens.......)

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Working...
      X