Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Products in multiple places

Help Please!!

I have managed to put a product in several places and now am stuck as a couple of products have several variations (colour/size)
    which use the attribute (colour) as defined in the user manual.

Because of this when I copy the product to the new section I cannot add a component. Am I doing something wrong or is there any other way to have a item with several colours in more than one sub-section/section?

I am currently using V6 Catalog.

Thanks in advance.

Val.

Hi Val

It is possible to do what you want i have done the same on my website.
    How are you doing it, because i copy and paste mine and dont have any problems.

Comment

Hi G.

I can copy and paste it fine but the problem is that it creates a new stock item and it is actually the same stock item which means that my stock figures go wrong if someone tries to buy it.

What I need to get it to do is to associate it with the previous stock item, but can't seem to do it as there is already an attribute under the product.

Val.

Comment

Val

We do this a lot on our site with attributes as well. What you need to do is follow the procedure in the Advanced Guide to the letter.
        [list=1][*]So in the base product you need to temporarily move the attribute (cut or move it to a dummy product)[*]then insert a component (with a name but leave the html blank)[*]now select the component and copy back your attribute[/list=1]

Now when you copy the product to another section, you will be able to add a further component and associate it with the base product so that stock management works OK. Note that you need to change the pricing to be sum of components and disable stock management on the cloned product.

Tim Weaver
        WISE.CO.UK
        Consultancy, Innovation & Solutions

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk
        http://www.wise.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Tim.

That worked a treat.

Comment

Working...
          X