<Actinic:***> tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<Actinic:***> tags

I'm writing a script that strips some information from an actinic generated page and re-writes it to make it a bit more dynamic (live component pricing etc.).. anyway... it seems to work fine when adding things to the cart, but i have just noticed i've not extracted any of the <Actinic:***> tags. Are these essential to the running of catalogue pages? Or can i safely ignore them without worrying about it coming back to bite me...?

Thanks.

How do you make the component pricing live then?
    Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

nothing very clever... just putting components into actinic in the form:

"Component Name (Component Price: £x.xx, other dynamic options etc.)"

and then stripping out the bit in brackets with some javascript/php... you get the idea!

Comment

I'd leave these <Actinic:***> tags in.

For example some of them mark areas of the page where things like the Product Price is displayed. If you're using Business then this code is expanded by the AccountScript to replace the single hard-coded price that normal customers see with the price schedule for that particular customer.

Some other uses I think they're nedded for are to mark areas of the page that contain mandatory values (like the product Quantity) so that errors can be highlighted if the customer inputs an illegal value.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X