Remove Old Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Old Orders

I'm sure this has been asked before...but the knowledge base isn't being particularly helpful!

How do I delete the orders from last year off Actinic, while still keeping a copy of each of them for reference? Maybe as an archive or database back-up? Or where can I find what is already saved? ...etc

Thanks

Do a snapshot, archive it and then delete the orders from the existing site**

**repeat several times to ensure snapshot archive has worked.

Comment

Ah ok, thanks (site snapshot has decided to work today!).

How do I then open the ACD file if I want to view the customer order information?

Comment

You don't tend to open acd files, they're snapshots, they are imported into the software and the contents are then seen within the software package itself.

Comment

Right ok, so how is best to store last years order data, so I can look up what Joe Bloggs ordered from out website last October? Without having the information cluttering up the actinic orders for this year...

Comment

Leave them where they are in that case, archiving is generally for things you rarely want to ever see again, certainly not use on a regular basis. You'd need to look at systems other than actinic, like a dedicated CRM database IMO.

Comment

I use vs 8 but I am guessing it will be the same with 7 and earlier. I just open the database (back up first!) and copy the relevent info into excel. You could even design a little visual basic program within excel to look up an order really quickly.
              www.norfolkherbs.co.uk
              Online Shop at: www.homescentherbs.co.uk

Comment

You don't even need to have MS Access to get the info out of the database. You can use the Data > Get External Data tools in Excel to read information directly from the ActinicCatalog.mdb file in your Site1 folder.
                ActiveStock
                On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
                **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
                Free 30 Day Trial
                ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

So if I were to copy the actinic database file, and save it somewhere else, I would be able to look up what previous customers ordered? And then it would be ok to delete their orders from actnic itself (as I would have saved a copy elsewhere)?

I have only ever been able to find customers names and addresses, not their order details.

Thanks

Comment

or use mole ends export feature within one stop orders (i hope that the right tool) and export to excel.

then use excel viewer or macro to display.

or just put your saved snapshot an another machine and use it for reference.

you need to keep several years records of orders for tax/vat purposes

Comment

Originally posted by JFro View Post
                      How do I delete the orders from last year off Actinic,
                      If you are going to delete orders in Actinic V7, make sure you disable stock monitoring first, otherwise it puts the stock counts back.

Comment

Working...
                      X