Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

empty USERDEFINED field

Hi

I am using Actinic Business v6.0.2 both at home and on a client's system. I'm using rs000001.pl to track a referrer source through the system, it is working fine on my system at home, but not on the client's.

I've tracked the problem down as far as this:-

When I check the .session files on the server, this is what I get in the GeneralInfo part:-

Client:

<GeneralInfo>
    <HOWFOUND>anything</HOWFOUND>
    <WHYBUY>nowhere</WHYBUY>
    </USERDEFINED>
    </GeneralInfo>

Home:

<GeneralInfo>
    <HOWFOUND>anything</HOWFOUND>
    <WHYBUY>nowhere</WHYBUY>
    <USERDEFINED>123</USERDEFINED>
    </GeneralInfo>

The setups are identical, any thoughts???

Try getting the customer to remove all cookies from their machine (or at least search for all the cookies with 'ACTINIC_CART' in them).

The user defined values are stored in the cookie on the PC and I'm wondering if they are causing a conflict. Also, go to 'Help | Troubleshooting | Purge Session Files' before your next test to fully reset everything.

Comment

Chris, I owe you one big time!

I tried it from a different machine and it worked ... I cant really understand it though, because I have deleted cookies on the machine in question many times and I still get the problem.

Not really an Actinic question, but is there somewhere or someway the cookies are being stored which stops them being removed when I click 'Delete Cookies' in Internet Explorer?

Comment

No ideas on that one. Anyone else?

Comment

OK I thought I had solved the problem, but it seems not...

Now I am really confused

I put a test order through on the client's website using rs000001.pl and a dummy referrer, I then logged in to the client's website using FTP and downloaded the xxx.ord file into the acatalog directory on MY system. When I retrieved the order in the usual way through Actinic, sure enough the referrer shows up in the 'Misc' tab on the order.

I phoned the client up and instructed him to retrieve the SAME test order through HIS Actinic. When he did this everything was the same on the order, except the referrer DOES NOT show up in the 'Misc' tab (not anywhere else) on the order.

So, I have established that the referrer string IS finding its way into the xxx.ord file, but it is just not being read by Actinic on my client's computer... I really dont know how to deal with this one, it is fairly urgent now and has dragged on far too long.

Please, please can someone help me out

Comment

Could you please raise an email support request at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and the team there will be able to investigate in more detail.

Comment

Thanks Chris, have done

When you click 'Retrieve Orders', is there a separate component which decrypts the order file and adds it to the database? I know the problem is at that point, but I don't know how to deal with it.

I have investigated the ODBC log file, but its full of high-level ODBC commands which is a bit beyond my technical knowledge

Comment

Orders are just downloaded and decrypted by the Catalog.exe executable - which is standard across installations.

I'm out of other ideas on what is causing the problem. Have you heard back from the email support team yet?

Comment

Working...
                X