Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experimenting...and the wheel's come off !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am pretty sure I don't need Component. I have a range of magazines, all in the same series but with different issue numbers, of course. I have created a new product with the title of the magazine and a cover price. I have then created an Attribute for "Issue number", then a series of Choices as "Issue 1", "Issue 2" etc. This all looks great but when you select a particular issue from the dropdown menu and "Add to Cart" this is the message I get...
    A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: The specified product (reference STFACT) has just been removed from the catalog. Please return to the catalog and continue shopping. If you press the Refresh or Reload button on your browser, the removed products will no longer be visible in the catalog. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner

All very frustrating ! I have read the Starter Guide and Appendix but really can't understand what I am doing wrong !!!! Any further help gratefully and graciously appreciated
    Sci-fi and Cult TV collectables at www.startrader.co.uk

Comment

Just thought I'd bring my query back to the top of the heap as I am having REAL problems with the error message indicating the item has "just been removed" from the catalog [sic]. This problem is 'infecting' a number of my products for no rhyme or reason.

I have interrogated the database Product section to see if there is anything which makes the products-in-error stand out from those not affected but without any luck. Is there anyone with ANY ideas as to what the problem is ? I seem to be wasting hours and hours trying to work it out without success !

Your help REALLY appreciated on this one.....

Comment

have you compacted the database both in actinic and access if the former has no effect?

Comment

Originally posted by mrthunder View Post
          Just thought I'd bring my query back to the top of the heap as I am having REAL problems with the error message indicating the item has "just been removed" from the catalog [sic]. This problem is 'infecting' a number of my products for no rhyme or reason.

I have interrogated the database Product section to see if there is anything which makes the products-in-error stand out from those not affected but without any luck. Is there anyone with ANY ideas as to what the problem is ? I seem to be wasting hours and hours trying to work it out without success !

Your help REALLY appreciated on this one.....
          I there a url where we can see this?

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
          SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
          Custom Packages

Comment

Many thanks for the interest - yes, I have compacted the DB both in Actinic and Access [the latter requiring my converting to the 2002 fomrat].

One of my duffer pages is:-
            http://new.startrader.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000000.pl

Help much appreciated in anticipation...

Comment

I tried that link and the effect isn't quite the same as when you order through the catalogue. When you do this is the message you get is...

A General Script Error Occurred
              Error: The specified product (reference DVDDOPPELGANGER) has just been removed from the catalog. Please return to the catalog and continue shopping. If you press the Refresh or Reload button on your browser, the removed products will no longer be visible in the catalog. We apologize for the inconvenience.Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner

This comes up immediately you press the "Add to Cart" button. But on some products it doesn't !!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrthunder View Post
                Many thanks for the interest - yes, I have compacted the DB both in Actinic and Access [the latter requiring my converting to the 2002 fomrat].

One of my duffer pages is:-
                http://new.startrader.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000000.pl

Help much appreciated in anticipation...
                That link only works if you have a product in a cart, do you have a link to a product page?

Just seen another request for help from someone with the same error message but it only relates to out of stock items, do you have stock monitoring for this product and is it in stock? I have not used V7 only V8 and V9 and this problem may well be related to the way V7 handles stock items.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                Custom Packages

Comment

Thanks for your input - I wasn't using stock control BUT since I last posted I have downloaded V.8 and uploaded same. All the problems have disappeared ! I now only have to sweat it out and see how much it'll cost when the trial period runs out !!!!

Comment

...apart from the fact I've just logged in from home and found the whole catalogue not working due to a script error ! Which means I'll have to go in on my day off an upload the whole thing again as something's obviously gone wrong somewhere. The joys of modern technology. Just watched a repeat of the BBC-4 documentary featuring the family taking to task living in the 1970s and the 'home comforts' of the time. Oh, how I wish it was for real !!! The joys of a Dansette and not much else...

Comment

Definatly not got stock control switched on?????
                      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
                      X