X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Other Info Prompts

Hi everyone!

I have recently used the patch available from

www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html to implement multiple other info prompt fields on my product pages.

This has worked very well, except it is showing the field lengths and ¬ characters on the shopping cart and check out pages, which doesn't look very good. It is withholding them on the product page properly.

I am using Actinic v 6.1.3.

Can anyone help? I have used the patch several times to make sure I am doing it correctly but to no avail.

Many thanks,

Marion MacKenzie.

I just tried the patch on a clean 6.1.3 and it worked fine.

I think you're making a mistake in patching ActinicOrder.pm.

Note that Actinic have an error in the commenting of one of the routines there. The routine InfoGetValue has a comment block that's a duplicate of the InfoHTMLGenerate routines comment block. This may be tricking you into patching the wrong routine.

If that's not it why not zip that ActinicOrder.pm up and e-mail it to me and I'll see what you've done.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I implemented it here on Sunday as well and it does work fine - the mistake that I made first of all (that took me ages to work out) was that I edited ActinicOrder.pm with notepad and when I saved the file, notepad added .txt onto the end, which made it ActinicOrder.pm.txt, this meant that the basket etc had the raw prompt name rather than the actual prompts.

The default format for the prompt text on the page is rather large, to fix this up you have to edit the routine in actiniccore.js called setotherinfo to generate the correct HTML, in mine I just had to change the css class that was being used.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for all your help, I will have another go at it!

I have also been saving it with Notepad...how did you manage to save it just as a .pm file in the end please Jan?

Marion

Comment

I think that putting a space after the pm might work - but what I did was to delete the original ActinicOrder.pm and then rename ActinicOrder.pm.txt to ActinicOrder.pm.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

In order to get the right extension simply type the name ActinicOrder.pm into the field and it will save it with that extension when using Notepad.

Even better get your self a free copy of textpad and you can see where the line numbers and spaces are by switching the options on and off when editing a file.

You can get it at http://www.textpad.com/

I dont have anything to do with them other than I use there free download for editing text files and pl scripts. Found it very useful.

Andy

Comment

Hmmm I have tried deleting the original and renaming the new one ActinicOrder.pm but it is still saving it as a text file. I think this is where I must have been going wrong!

Comment

Well, I finally managed to rename it as a .pm file using Textpad. However I am now getting a server error when I click on "Add to Cart". I think I will take you up on your kind offer and mail you the offending file, thanks Norman!

Marion

Comment

The file was patched wrongly. I've e-mailed you the correct one.

It was also a slightly older version than I'm using here. The most recent version adds (optional) inline style to the input fields.

I've posted the new one onto www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html

Norman
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman!

Comment

Working...
                    X