Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to change the way the shipping options are displayed

I have a problem..
    We have set the site to have quite a few delivery options but the drop down list customers see is fine but they do not scroll down much. We do have price bands and for orders under £45 then the shipping is £4.95, for over £45 it drops to £1.

What I want to do is give a option for orders over £45. I want them to then choose speed of delivery, £1 for 7 days, £3.50 for 2 days. ( ie encourage the 2 day delivery but still maintain the promise of £1 delivery)

At the moment it works on the drop down list, IF they scroll down..... I want to show the options side by side.

How can I do this ?

Best regards
    Andrew

I have changed the shipping choices to display as option buttons rather than a dropdown. This makes it far more obivous that there are other possibilities available.

There is a simple way to change the payment possibilities to show as option buttons (described in the AUG) using Design | Text modifications. Unfortunately an equivalent solution is not available for Shipping Options; you have to modify the Perl script. This is a little more tricky and Actinic does not provide support for modified Perl scripts.

I can provide you with the required script changes but not right now. If you are interested then just say so but I will only be able to post the required code this weekend (sorry but I'm starting a new job tomorrow - after 5 months 'resting' ).

But there again, there are plenty of clever contributors to this forum who could also provide the changes necessary to implement my solution.
    Chris Brown

Comment

I guess I qualify as a 'clever contributor'.

Please find attached an edited 'ShippingTemplate.pl' that uses radio buttons instead of a drop-down. It needs to be copied into the 'ShipControl' directory

It is for 6.1.3. To see my changes, search for 'CHD' in the file.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the file, it works fine ! Just one thing, you have to get the length right on the first shipping option, then it lists the options in a straight line, otherwise it becomes messy.

But this is much, much better and would be worth making available.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi Chris,
          I have used your shipping file and as Fuijan says the first shipping option isn't aligned properly which puts incorrect shipping prices next to shipping options.

how can i align them up correctly
          and can you make it so it is in 2 columns?

Cheers,

Jacy
          Jacys Computer Supplies
          Web: http://www.jacyscomputers.com.au
          email: sales@jacyscomputers.com.au

Comment

Mitch

What you have there is the extent of my Perl programming prowess I'm afraid.

If it does not look right to you, all I can suggest is switching back to drop-downs by copying in an untouched template from the 'Original\ShipControl' folder.

Comment

Working...
            X