One product - different versions - different prices and digital download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One product - different versions - different prices and digital download

Descriptive subject text to help with searches!

On an earlier thread http://community.actinic.com/showthr...=&threadid=285 Chris and Jan from Actinic kindly demonstrated how to list one product with a number of different versions for easy purchase and digital download.

This is fine for products which have the same price.
    i.e. We sell quizzes and if one were to buy a 'History quiz' for example, we can list an infinite number for immediate download as detailed at the above thread using Chris's suggestion

One idea:

Create a main product called 'St. Valentine's Day quiz' (or whatever) and then create each round as an optional component. This will appear as a number of checkboxes online. Then, associate each component with a hidden, digitally downloadable, product.

Customers can select which rounds they want by ticking the boxes, and the download links will appear under each individual component in the receipt.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

However what if I have multiple pricing structures as at http://www.freequizzes.co.uk/acatalo...e_Quizzes.html

Here we have over 150 potential different choices and a pricing structure that decreases the more you order. Ideally we'd like customers to select as many as they want then download immediately using digital download. I can't see how this is possible.

Also at the moment, in listing all products for selection, if a customer orders more than one product by ticking the boxes then the catalog only recognises that 1 product has been ordered unless the customer manually changes the number of items ordered. Therefore we're getting lots of orders for 10 items etc. and payment for only one.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi,

To solve the problem with customers ordering and paying for the correct amount of quizzes, I suggest you create a product for each round and then use the 'Quantity on Product Page' shopping mode for that section with 'One Add to Cart Button per Page'.

At the moment, Actinic does not allow for total order quantity based discounts, however, this is something that is being considered for v6.0.3, so watch this space.

I'm not sure what you mean by wanting the customer to order as many as they want and then download immediately - do you mean before they have paid? Surely you would want to collect payment before the user downloads the files and the link to download is on the receipt page, which means that they can download as soon as their order has gone through.

I hope this helps.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Tracey

I don't think this is the solution I need.

I'd like to have one main product, to avoid confusing the issue - we'll say Elvis Presley records - I set up one product called Elvis Presley records which includes a description etc.

Within the Elvis Presley records section, I'd add every record he's released - say 150 records as a hidden product then associate a component with each product - thus making each individual one available for download after payment.

All are available for download digitally.

If a customer purchases 10 - they cost £1 each. 11-20 it would be 80p each 21-30 70p each etc. up to 140-150 cost 50p each

Can this be done?

Comment

You could write an installation program that contained all of the quizes, it would read a key that told it how many items to install and then allow the user to pick out the ones they wanted and then upzip them into a readable form - try to add additional encryption if you can because it is very easy to hack into standard installation files and extract the compenent files (even if they are encrypted using the standard facilities).

They could then buy additional keys to decode more quizes from the same installation.

The digital downloadable thingy would then be the installation program.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I have thought of a way to do this but unfortunately it doesn't work but I think that this is because of a bug which might get fixed so here it is.

1) Create a hidden product called quiz prices with price breaks set up.

2) Create a hidden product for each quiz with the correct name, add a component and link it to the hidden prices, set the use associated prices and tax - add your digital download information here.

3) Create a product with an optional component for each quiz and link them to the appropriate quiz from step 2, set the flags for use associated prices, tax (and name if you wish)

This all works fine BUT when the products are added to the basket the prices are all 0. I think that you should either not be allowed to link to products that are linked to other products OR the links should work.
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hmm, I'll check out this one Jan.

WIth regards to quantity-dependent pricing in Actinic, this only works on single order lines, rather than accross a number of different lines, so I'm afraid it will not work for you in this case.

The only thing I can suggest is having a main product with an attribute called 'amount' and then a choice for each amount you can buy - with the price set for each one. Then, all the actual items that can be ordered are available to select as a range of checkboxes below this main product.

The problem with this is it is open to people saying they are going to order one, and then they go on and order 20.

This only leaves the option of selling set 'batches' of quizzes, where you pre-define a set that people can order. This allows you to set the price correctly. You can then have non-optional components within this that will provide the digital download links. If people want to buy supplementary quizzes, they can pay for them individually.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
              WIth regards to quantity-dependent pricing in Actinic, this only works on single order lines, rather than accross a number of different lines, so I'm afraid it will not work for you in this case.
              You can do this as described here http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=402. I have a new product coming out for order processing that is sold in modules, if you buy one module you pay x but if you buy more than one you pay less, there will 5 modules to start of with so I will use that method to apply discounts rather than setting up a mega permutation grid that has to be redone each time I add a new module.

but this is no good for you because you can't put the digital download details in.

Comment

Thanks all

End result I'm no better off - however I'm danged impressed with your efforts and feel at least I have a 99% good product with support that is bothered so well done!

Comment

Thinking again should work without the multiple indirections.

Create a product for a quiz with digital download details with a price of 0, create a mandatory component for the pricing linked to a hidden product with price breaks set up.

If it doesn't try creating two components for each quiz, one to handle the variable pricing and one to link to a hidden product with the digital download details with a price of zero, make them both mandatory and it should work nicely but you might have to mess around with the formatting to make it look right in the shopping basket.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                  X