Is this possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this possible

I have a large catalogue of products. I don’t put them all on the website but provide PDF downloads of the various catalogues.

If a customer decides he wants to buy a product which is in the brochure but not on the website is it possible to create a page in Actinic V6 Catalog where they enter the product code and price( using the brochure as a reference) themselves, click buy and then proceed in the normal way to checkout.

Regards
    Andy

Well if you really trust them to put in the correct price it can be done.

Two ways spring to mind.

1) Make a dummy product priced at £1 and use the Other Info Prompt to enter the ref no and the Quantity field to be the # of £'s to pay. If your products can be priced to the nearest £ you're there.

You could fiddle with this to set the price to 0.10 and have a bit of JavaScript to input a price and set the Quantity to the nearest number of 10p's before adding the product.

2) I have some Perl patches that allow a price to be input and this will override the product price. This could be tied to a single product reference to prevent abuse. Contact me if interested as this isn't free.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank You Norman. I will give it some consideration

Comment

Working...
      X