Increased sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increased sales

Since we've had the website redone, we've noticed a downturn in sales compared to last year.

I'd like to say that the site is relatively fast loading now, prices are competitive if not lower than rivals. Were dropping E-Spotting as they were crap and have gone ppc with overture.com

Got a page ranking of 5 on the Google search bar.

Dunno, what else to do. Obviously, this time of year we want to get as many people on site and buying as possible.

Anyone got any suggestions? What has worked phenominally well for you?

Mark
    www.tiggypig.com

How is traffic doing since the "Internet Magazine" site review you got ?

We have found that Google adwords works the best for us out of all the PPC campaigns we have tried.

You could also take a look at the likes of Kelkoo, Pricerunner or Dealtime comparison sites, we find that Kelkoo gives us the most hits but proves to be quite expensive, I don’t know what sort of ROI we get though.

Peter
    Printerbase - Colour & Mono Laser Printers

Comment

How does page views and visits compare with last year? Don't compare hits.
      Bob Ladden

Comment

In addition to my other questions, does your stats tell you your entry and exit pages? What is the first page they see? Search engines don't always send them to your home page.

Your page at http://www.tiggypig.com/acatalog/ invites me to dig deeper, but your brochure page looks crowded with all those products. I made the decision to not have a brochure page and have my main catalog page be my home page.
        Bob Ladden

Comment

I thought about that, but wanted to get people to get right into the catalogue straight away at the section they wanted to be in. We've added the next and previous product and also the ability to go back to the main section as well to help in navigation.

Got the front page loading up quickly now, needed to get awareness of the wide range of products we stock and also to advertise the new gear as well as trying to move some of the slower stock items.

Page hits and visits are up on last year, could just be an economic thing. This year, there is no "one" fab must-have gadget out there to pull people in, last year we had the Chameleon Telephones that everyone was after.

I think myself that it'll all go balistic at the beginning of December when we get "Stop the Calvary" and Slade blaring out on the radio.

Comment

The beginning of December is always crazy. I hate it, but I like the money.

My sales are down too. The decline started at the beginning of the year.

Back in 1996, when I started my web site, the skills to do it were hard to find and places to host it were few. Thanks to products like Actinic and easy hosting, everybody is selling stuff on a web site. There is a lot more competition.

I remember the days I could call Yahoo on the phone, and have them put me in their directory anyway I wanted for free, and they did it the same day!

I also remember the web before Yahoo, when the only web site selling stuff was the Branch Mall, but I digress (getting old).
            Bob Ladden

Comment

Working...
            X