Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Title

Hi.
    Can someone please tell me how i can change what appears between <title.............title> on all my cato pages?

Thanks

Paul

Act_Primary templates hold that information, so you will need to edit that file, but this is used on a global level, so anything you add directly into that tag will be shown on all pages.

you could add in CUSTOMVAR:MYTITLE I suppose thou, that you can assign as a custom property within your software and then change its text content on a per section basis!

Hope it helps...

Comment

Title Reply

Thanks for that, only i have no idea how to do any of that?
      Can you ellaborate S L O W L Y

I can use the title FANCY DRESS, instead of what is used now, as that means nothing to a search engine.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

First of all go into Advanced | Custom Properties and click the + in the top left hand corner and type in "mytitle".

Click OK

Then go into View | Design | 1st Tab and then click the + again and using the drop down box that will appear, select your property of mytitle.

Enter the text you want shown as a rule if nothing is entered within a section custom property (i.e. a default text statement) and select the checkbox for customvar (if available to you) and click OK.

Then go into Advanced | Template Manager | Primary template and within the <TITLE> tags, type in "CUSTOMVAR:MYTITLE".

Click the X and save it.

Now your text will be shown in all Act Primary used templates of your site.

To change it on a per Section basis, double click the section, open the Advanced panel and go into the Custom Properties area. Click the + and enter the text and utilise the "use as customvar (if applicable)" again as above.

Bingo...

Hope that helps.....

Comment

titel

Hi.
          I did the first bit ok but then you say go into View,i do not get a design option?

Please advise

Paul

Comment

Sorry, Design | Options | Site Defaults tab.

Was doing it from memory, apols for that.....

Comment

Title

Thanks for that.
              Is this what i need to change the wording at the top of my pages?

I mean the text in blue at the very top of the screen?

ie here it says Actinic Community-Reply to Topic-Microsoft etc

Thanks again, hope it will improve search engine rating even more.

Paul

Comment

Yes, that is what the Title tag generates...

Comment

title

Cant see any change?

Do i need to delete NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE NETQUOTEVAR:PAGEHEADER which is there at the moment between title?

Also is it the Overall Layout page i am supposed to be entering the new "my title" script

Thanks again

Paul

Comment

The main templates of Act_Primary.htmll and Act_BrochurePrimary.html.

Deleting the NETQUOTEVARs is entirely upto yourself, although most sites get good results with them.

Check within the custom property area where you set the text itself, and check if Use as CUSTOMVAR is selected (checked), thats if you are using above Bus or Dev copies...

Comment

titl

Sorry being a bit thick here.

Which tab on the template manager do i select to add this script?

Main- Section- Other Pages-Ordering etc etc.?
                      This how it looks, is this ok?

<!-- Primary HTML begin -->
                      <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
                      <HTML>
                      <HEAD>
                      <TITLE>
                      "CUSTOMVAR:MYTITLE".
                      NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE NETQUOTEVAR:PAGEHEADER
                      </TITLE>

Sorry not very bright today!!

Paul

Comment

title

I seem to have it right on my homepage

www.islandentertainmentsonline.com

now need it on all pages?, maybe i have not yet pasted the script into the right template?I have it on both you said Brochure-Primary

Please have a look.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

TITLE

Sorry me again.

I have your script on Act Brochure and Act Primary, it only seems to be working on the home page?

am i doing something wrong?
                          help again please

Thanks
                          Paul

Comment

title

And again!

Can you take a look at my site please
                            www.islandentertainmentsonline.com

can you tell me why the word island entertainments online is at the beginning of each page, its now gone on the home page, Horray!!!

Paul

Comment

edit act brochure to get the custom title on brochure pages

edit act-primary to get the custom title on all product pages

Read through techno's 2nd post in this thread it contains all you need.....

Comment

Working...
                              X