Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using shop functions in Act_primarybrochure.html

hello,

we're building a site structure to replace a clients existing site, and we require the use of the 'fragments' facility (so that the client can show special offers etc on the homepage) which means we must use Act_primarybrochure.html as our site home page. However we do require the following facilities

1. the ability to display NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONS_RAW (or the equivelant) using the generated javascript file Act_sections.js ie so we can have a javascript-populated bulleted list (as described in the user manual) of the sections on our homepage. Please could you supply code to do this

2. we have found that we cannot alter the menu items in NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE and we cannot enter specific items manually. as we only wish to show the cart and checkout buttons can we hardcode links to these?

3. how can we place a search box in Act_primarybrochure.html?

Many thanks for your help in advance

felix

Regarding 1. That's no problem. If you look at www.rouxel.cwc.net/nortree/index.html you'll see another way to do this that generates an automatic cascading menu which will work on catalog pages and brochure pages (including the home page). It's readme will show how to access the NETQUOTEVARS from the brochure main page. See www.snowlines.co.uk for it in use - just put your mouse over the little binocular icon and see what happens.

If you don't look at NorTree then the following may help.

I think you need the appropriate SECTIONTREE NETQUOTEVARS in your Act_Primary in order for Actinic to generate the JavaScript arrays but you can just refer to them as e.g.

<script type="text/javascript" src="Act_section_tree_names.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="Act_section_tree_URLs.js"></script>

Within Act_BrochurePrimary and Actinic will add the acatalog prefix automatically to the links when it generates the home page.

Norman.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I've seen a few of these cascading menus now - they look really quite good but I have noticed that when the number of menu lines displayed exceeds my screen depth the ones that are off screen are not accessible - eg on the snowlines site - menu skiing and boarding, last item visible on next menu tree is sweats and fleeces but videos becomes visible only if I collapse my task bar. Same issue exists on nortree sites as well.
      Paul Codman
      <a href="http://www.snoozeshop.com/acatalog/index.html" target="_blank">www.snoozeshop.com</a>
      01394 670970

Comment

You're probably an Old-Timer like me. Most modern users have, and use, the scroll wheel on their mouse. I'm too set in my ways to remember this but it does works on Nortree menus.

If you don't have a scroll wheel the arrow keys do the same thing but that's not very intuitive.

Snowlines is generated automatically from it's stock database so theres not too much scope to re-arrange the size of the sections.

However if we didn't use a cascading menu our section list would be 131 lines long and that certainly wouldn't fit anyones monitor and would probaly bamboozle anyone trying to find something in it.

Norman.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

search box and cart contents on brochure pages

I have removed the rest of the post and zipped it up below as when i have re-read it, the forum took out some important code.

It enables you to display both the search box and the cart contents.

I hope this is of some use to you.
          Attached Files

Comment

thanks everybody!

hi everyone, thanks for all your help, it all seems to work great. My first problem (1. the ability to display NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONS_RAW (or the equivelant) using the generated javascript file Act_sections.js ie so we can have a javascript-populated bulleted list (as described in the user manual) of the sections on our homepage. Please could you supply code to do this) was solved simply by making sure all these (<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actiniccore.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
            <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actinicextras.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
            <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="Act_sections.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
            ) were in the head of Act_brochurePrimary.html

Thanks again

felix

Comment

Working...
            X