Some Filenames Conflict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Filenames Conflict

I'm getting an error I do not understand.

"Some filenames conflict. All files being sent to the web site must have unique names. Please check the list of files in Advanced | Additional Files.

Some of the following files must be renamed before an upload can occur. Once the files are renamed, reselect them in the Actinic Ecommerce.

d:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1\images\thumb2.gif
    d:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1\images\\thumb2.gif "

So I went and renamed it and it still did not help. What in fact does Actinic want me to do? There are no files listed under additional files. Am I supposed to add them there?
    Regards, Tom

hi tom

i think the answer to your problem is that somewhere, either as a fragment image, or a product image, a navigation image, or coded onto an actinic template that you have used the image thumb2.gif twice.

now then, the issue is that whilst choosing an image via actinic or dreamweaver, they will both allow, and display an image even if you have a double slash, //, in the filepath, upon upload, actinic sees it as two separate images and thats when the error comes.

the answer is wherever you are using thumb2.gif , look for the // in your filepath to it, remove one of the slashes and you should crack this issue.

the clue was in the error message, whats different about the two filepaths mentioned? aha, now you see the double slash..

best,

hope this cures it.

steve q.

Comment

Steve,

You're eye is very astute, I did not notice that double slash. What I did in the absence of a cure was rename all the images, and then go edit the names to match in the database, and that got me around the problem at least. But now I know what to look for next time it happens, thanks.
      Regards, Tom

Comment

Working...
      X