accept T&C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

accept T&C

What are people doing to make sure you get people to agree to terms and conditions in the checkout.

I want a compulsary tick box...

You can make the User Defined options in Design / Text / Web Site (cont) / Invoice Address to be something like "I agree..." and also make the checkbox mandatory.

Putting some HTML into the "I agree..." that links to your terms page (or use the popup code to display it without leaving the checkout) should also work.

There are others in Payment Details /and General Information as well.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I thought if you used the user defined fields you still couldn't make the field required.

ie as far as the code is concerned there is a value in there ie on or off .

I would like to have the terms tick box empty until the customer ticks it, and the checkout will not proceed until the customer ticks, and there is no way to subsequently untick

Comment

In Design / Text / Web Site (cont) / Invoice Address / User defined - as soon as you check the User Defined box another box "Required" will appear. Check that too so you can make it compulsory.

Put something like "I agree to the Terms and Conditions." as the descripion.

This will give you a text entry field where the customer must type something, but they could type in "No" and still proceed.

The following will fix it so that it's a compulsory checkbox.

Code:
        Edit Act_Order01.html

look for 

<input type="TEXT" name="INVOICEUSERDEFINED" size="20" maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEUSERDEFINED">

replace that with

<input type="CHECKBOX" name="INVOICEUSERDEFINED" value="checked" NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEUSERDEFINED>

and you'll get a compulsory checkbox that must be checked before you can proceed.
        The words "User defined" now appear on the paperwork. This can be changed.

If you go to Design / Text / Phase -1 ID 407. That is the text that appears on the packing list. Change this to something like "T&C read".

I'll leave it to you to find the other ones that appear on the Invoice (probably ID 798), and Data Entry Report (probably ID 711) .

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I used the one in the user guide, which converts the moving within one month field. It needed a bit of fiddling to get it to work.
          Javascript pop up when they don't tick it and it won't until they do.
          Jenny
          Hanson Web Design
          www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
          jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
          Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Working...
          X