No announcement yet.

x items remaining - really useful feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can test simple JavaScript by typing it straight into the Address bar of IE and hitting Enter.
    cool.
    A JavaScript book is best if you're going to us it a lot.
    I'm not, just one of things I'll probably use once and never need again...

I'll give it a go and see what happens...
    John

Comment

This thread has got horribly complicated and it has lost me but I recall somewhere near the beginning someone saying that a customer could order 10 items when only 5 were in stock. I expect that this has already been covered but just in case ....

There is a product variable called 'max quantity orderable' that allows you to specify the total quantity of an item that can be added to the cart, the way to stop people ordering 10 when you only have 5 in stock is to set the max orderable quantity to the number of items in stock before uploading. (My 1 Stop Automation Mole does this automatically of course - but it really is just a simple SQL query to run before uploading, if you are that way inclined)

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

hmm... I may be that way inclined... if I had a clue what you were talking about...

you lost me after the words "it really is simple"...

So to do this manually (without your mole) I would need to do something from SQL rather than actinic?
        John

Comment

expect that this has already been covered but just in case ....
          well, kind of. We think we have a way of telling people when there are only a few items left, then their good sense (HAHAHAHA) should tell them not to order more than that.

But obviously customers have no good sense, so your solution would be a good backup.

"There are 5 items left" (our solution)

[add 10 to basket] (average customer)

"No, there are only *FIVE* items left" (your solution)

see, that would work well... or am I being too harsh on customers...?
          John

Comment

in this instance 'that way inclined' means that you like to write and run SQL (not many people do)

... I have been trying to write HTML, expect no sense from me today :-)

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

that you like to write and run SQL
              I could, but I suppose that would mean installing SQL and learning lots of stuff...

So is your mole that does this bit, the same as the mole that keeps updating the website every so often with the stock levels?

I seem to remember looking at it and deciding it looked to expensive...

is that all SQL stuff?
              John

Comment

You can buy the full solution for £199.99 or you can buy components, the stock control mole is the bit that keeps your stock levels on site up to date and that only costs £59.99. The full solution is a real bargain, if you buy everything together it costs about 1/2 of the full cost of the modules. It has a 30 day trial anyhow, so take a look at http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/One...tomation.html, the link to buy just a component is at the end of that section.

Cheers,

Comment

Can you explain these functions -

"Correct user entered address formats as orders arrive" - does this include removing duplicate information (eg. where someone puts "mrs" in the salutation field, then puts "Mrs Smith" in the name field - don't laugh, I've had several people do this...the same for people in london who put "london" as the town and county, so the address says "london, london")

"Bypass Actinic invoice printing" (why?)

"Mark orders as shipped as they arrive" - Can you you choose for this only to happen if the goods are in stock, and how does it handle 'bogus' orders? ie. can I manually 'unship' them in the normal way?
                  John

Comment

and does it include - mailing labels, one stop reporting and exchange rate tool? or are they separate utils?
                    John

Comment

Duplicate phrases or spaces are not removed from the address fields ATM.

> "Bypass Actinic invoice printing" (why?)
                      Some people don't print invoices (me for example, I just email them).

>"Mark orders as shipped as they arrive" - Can you you choose for this only to happen if the goods are in stock, and how does it handle 'bogus' orders? ie. can I manually 'unship' them in the normal way?

This is a great time saver if you keep most things in stock. Using Actinic you have to ship each line individually, so if you get 30 orders with 3 lines each you have to ship 90 lines manually which means lots of clicks. If you have most things in stock you can ship them all as the orders arrive and then just unship the ones that are not in stock, if you have 10% out of stock you are saving 90% of the time you would normally spend shipping things. A side effect of marking items as shipped is that you can print the invoices as orders arrive and then just reprint the ones that are backordered or not in stock.

> mailing labels, one stop reporting and exchange rate tool? or are they separate utils?
                      These are all separate tools. I expect that the exchange rate tool will be included into one stop automation at some point but at the moment it is not part of the package. We have a package called 1 Stop Mole End that gives you everything we sell on the website for a single price (about 1/3 of the actual software cost and includes updates and new releases for 12 months).

Regards,

Comment

if this can automate 'your order has been dispatched' e-mails in some way then I am sold!
                        John

Comment

It doesn't email customers at the moment unfortunately - it will email packing lists or invoices to a third party (or to you) but not to customers. You could always have them emailed to you when the order is first processed and then forward them on to the customer when the order is dispatched - a bit of a hacky way of doing it though.

Regards,

Comment

There is a product variable called 'max quantity orderable' that allows you to specify the total quantity of an item that can be added to the cart, the way to stop people ordering 10 when you only have 5 in stock is to set the max orderable quantity to the number of items in stock before uploading. (My 1 Stop Automation Mole does this automatically of course
                            How does that work again? I've installed the demo, everything seems to work quite happily - except that I can stuff my basket full of things even though I know there isn't enough in stock. Have I missed something? (yes, I ticked the box!)
                            John

Comment

It only changes the value when a product is ordered - if it changed all of the values every time it would make the whole database upload. So to see it in action, place a test order, download it with the Automation mole and then check that product.

You will have to set the products up manually to start with (or just wait for each one to be ordered).

Regards,

Comment

ok, I'll try that. But as a future upgrade couldn't you have the option of a one off full upload? Would be especially useful for a site with lots of products...
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X