Problem with Search.html

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Search.html

ALthough I should have 3 sections listed in the section search, there are only 2. If I edit Search.html in Site1>SiteHTML it only gets overwritten.

I can't figure out why it does not find the section in the first place and put it there automatically.

Also I can't figure out where I can edit manually so it does not get overwritten on update.
    Regards, Tom

hi tom

if you double click each of your three sections, ensure the 'include as Selectable Section on Search Page' is ticked, it sounds like one of them will be unticked.

the reason the search.html in your site html folder is being overwritten is because that is the page that gets uploaded to the website after actinic has generated a site.

if you want to edit it, taking backups as you go, go to Advanced>Template Manager>Searching Tab, and edit the actinic template directly, any changes will be permanent (unless you remove them again)

hope this helps.

steve q
    harlequin domains
    www.harlequindomains.com
    0800 0832077

Comment

Thanks Steve,

I didn't realize that you could double click there and do that. That should solve the problem then without having to edit the file. That's great, thanks.
      Regards, Tom

Comment

Working...
      X