Site Login question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Login question

I am building a site for a sportsman gun / ammunition retailer. They would like to offer customer logins for discounts and expedited checkout.
    As well they would like to set up an entrance page for site so that browsers / buyers would agree to the terms and conditions of the site (make the lawyers happy). They would like to allow registered customers to bypass the entence page.

Ideally I would like to set up the Act_LoginPage.html to act as both the entrance page and the customer login page for this site. however I would like to add the requirement that unregistered customers view and agree to the "terms" of the site before viewing. I replaced the Netquotvar:unregistered text located in Design | text | website | customer accounts
    with code below:
    <Strong>Agreement: </Strong>

The Agreement (&quot;this Agreement&quot governs the use of this website (&quot;you&quot must agree to the terms before proceeding:<br>
    <textarea name="textarea" rows="12" class="txtBox" style="width:100%;" onFocus="this.blur();">
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam no nummy nibh
    euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim
    ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl
    ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit
    in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla
    facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent
    luptatum zzril delenit a Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit,
    sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
    Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit
    lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure d </textarea>
    <br>
    <input type="checkbox" name="agree" value="agree">
    I have read and agree to the terms of use for this web site <br>
    <br>
    <a href="http://www.suresolutionsinc.net/acatalog/index.html" onClick="return toggleAgree(document.all.agree.checked);">Let me have a gun dude!</a>
    <br>

This should create a text area for the contract and a check box to agree to the terms.

I droped in the javascript into the Act_primary.html template:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    function launchCenter(url, name, width, height, scrollbar) {
    var str = "height=" + height + ",innerHeight=" + height;

str += ",width=" + width + ",innerWidth=" + width;

if (window.screen) {
    var ah = screen.availHeight - 30;
    var aw = screen.availWidth - 10;
    var xc = (aw - width);

var yc = (ah - height);
    var xc = (aw - width)/2;
    var yc = (ah - height)/2;

str += ",left=" + xc + ",screenX=" + xc;

str += ",top=" + yc + ",screenY=" + yc;
    str += ",hotkeys=0,menubar=0,resizable=0,scrollbars=" + scrollbar + ",status=0";
    }
    return window.open(url, name, str);
    }
    function toggleAgree(IsChecked) {
    if (IsChecked) {
    return true;
    } else {
    alert('Please agree to the terms and conditions before continuing.');
    return false;
    }
    }
    //-->
    </script>

I can only get this uploaded when the href link is set to <a href="http://www.suresolutionsinc.net/acatalog/index.html"

The Java seems to error correctly when the box is unchecked however I can not get the link to push the browser into the catalog as an unregistered user.

when I change the href link to the original link variable <A HREF="%s"> I get an html error on upload and can not see it working at all:

. Either way I can not get this to work and my brain is blank. Any ideas would be appreciated. you can view the test site here:

http://www.suresolutionsinc.net/acatalog/
    Brian Johnson
    :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
    1-732-528-7635 x203

Hi Brian.

It makes a change talking on the forum! I have put your question to the development team for advice.

I will post again as soon as I have news.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

YHM
      Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X