Order Archiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Archiving

I have read a tread back in June where it was advised that an order archive function is on the 'wish list' for the next release. We have some 14,000 orders in our completed folder and it is taking too much time to download orders. I have seen that the disk is whizzing away on the PC and can only assume the system is having to write this data to the .MDB. Is there any way of archving out all orders from say, before three months ago?

You can sort by date desc, this will make it easy to select the orders to purge. Then you can delete the orders you want to archive out and then purge them. I don't think that this is want you want because the orders will then be gone for ever.

We have a product called one stop automation, you can use this to make a backup of your orders before you delete them from your catalog.

To make the backup go to the batch order processor part of the product, put in the dates you want, set up the export options to print the report would want to keep (data entry if you need credit card details, invoice otherwise) and choose the option to create 1 file for each order and then click on run now to export the files, if you have a lot of orders then this will take a little while. When this has finished you can uncheck export and check mark deleted and then click run now again and your completed orders will be marked for deletion. You can then purge them from within Actinic and if you get an order from a client you will be able to use a text search in the report files you have created to find the order details.

It would be better to have a facility to create 'archives' of orders but while this is not available this solution works very nicely.

Regards
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thank's Jan, I'll have a wee look. I will have to say though, with the non ability to network Actinic over two or three PC's for multiuser order processing which has been a frustration for a few months now (and especially coming to Christmas), plus now no archiving functions, I sincerely wonder if we have grown out of Actinic? I do not wish to chastise the product as it has brought us to where we are, but also with a real 'stock control' requirement as well, it may be the time to take a browse at some other technologies.

Comment

We are working on a multiuser customer services product that works with the Actinic database (it's a multiuser version of our quick orders product - but with bells on). Send me an email outlining the order processing tasks that you want to, or give me a ring and we can work through your current system to see where it can be streamlined.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
        X