Lost Country, can't check-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Country, can't check-out

Don't know exactly what I did. I did play with the settings for which countries I would accept cards for but not sure if this relates.

Now, when I try to check out I can't. Instead of the form this is all I see:
    Select Invoice Location

Select Shipping Destination

The next page gives me this:
    Select Shipping Destination - Please choose a Shipping location ('Use Invoice Location' is not a valid choice with an Invoice location of 'None of the above').

I'm thinking (hoping) I've done something simple that someone will recognize my error.
    Regards, Tom

OK, so I see that it is due to checking the 'Limited by Location' box. Which give me a box asking for an invoice location. So I choose Canada, hit next and I get:
    "Select Shipping Destination - You have selected different invoice and shipping countries but have not checked the different shipping address check box."

But I did not pick a shipping destination because none were made available to me. This flys in the face of what the help menu says:
    "If you tick the Limited by Location box then a ‘Select Invoice Location’ drop-down list will appear in the first page of the online checkout. This will be in addition to the ‘Select Shipping Destination’ drop-down list that is there if you are using shipping calculation."

So I guess what in fact this is trying to tell me is I cannot choose "simple shipping" as a calculation method as much as I would like to combine it with limiting locations. Seems a bit strange, or is it just me?
    Regards, Tom

Comment

Right - let's see if I can make an attempt at untangling this.

Could I ask you to

1) In 'Shipping and Handling' set the calculation basis to 'Simple'

2) In 'Tax', make sure you are charging tax 'by invoice address' and you have some countries in your tax zones. If you don't want to charge tax based on the location of the shopper, then set the tax to 'Simple'.

3) In 'Payment and Security', select 'Limited By Location' for the payment methods that you want to limit, and ensure you put some countries in the list.

This should just give you a 'Select Invoice Address' drop-down with the countries from your Tax and Payment zones.

Let me know how you get on, and let me know a URL where I can see the problem for myself.

Comment

Thanks Chris,

I'm trying to work my way through it now. As I changed tax treatment to advanced model I'm getting a very confusing message about tax exemptions getting disabled that I've read about 5 times and still can't fully understand. I can't possibly understand why someone should not be able to choose the exemption box in these circumstances. In British Columbia for example, many businesses have a PST exemption number, but now it appears they will not be able to exempt themselves.

So I'm going to take a break and come back to it again and see if I can get it sorted out a bit better.
        Regards, Tom

Comment

I got called away for a few hours and came back. When I tried to close the Tax tab, I got an error message about problem with the database, updating the taxzones table where nModellD=1 sorted by nZoneID data truncated. It then goes on to say I should contact any member of a tribe of orange people "as appropriate" as an action. First I'll check the server where the database lives however and make sure that it is still online.

If that does not work I'll go back to the simple tax setting for the time being and work through the rest of the suggestions above.

A few minutes onward:
          Hmm, it seems that even now "Simple" tax does cause the same database error, so it would appear that there is no-way around addressing that error before moving onward. As it is presently midnight in UK I won't expect to hear back from anyone for awhile. You guys should move to Manila, you get a better tan and the time zones work better. If I get a chance I'll open the database and see if I can edit it directly.

Thanks.
          Regards, Tom

Comment

'Tribe of orange people' ... hmmm, Tom, maybe you should take a break Like the idea of everyone moving to Manila though.

The errors sounds like a mismatch between your product tax data and your tax tables.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I'm Tom's defence, the orange comment was a reference to a discussion HERE.

With regards to Tax, it sounds like your database has gotten very confused. Feel free to use our email support HERE to have someone take a look and try and sort it out.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation, that Orange chap from Bargain Hunt has been replaced by some other chappy in the latest series - it's just not the same.

Cheers,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan and Chris,

Jan your suggestion about VMware in another post has me thinking I might just try a clean install and start the site over again in the virtual machine to see if the problems disappear as I may have corrupted something along the way. That was a good idea you had. But first I'll look at the suggestions about the database.

I went into the database and renamed the TaxZones table after I copied the structure to the old name after Actinic would not let me open the program. Then I could get in, but trying to open business settings would abort the program. So I went and got the table from the original database and now I can open the tax tab again which is reset to the original settings. From there I should be able to start over again, hopefully avoiding the error this time.

Chris if I can't get it sorted then I'll follow the alternative approach you suggest.

That is disturbing news about the dapper gent with the modest mullet. I've grown accustomed to taking a break at 14:30 hours every day so I can get upset with the contestants for their consistent poor judgement. Alas we only have one antique to worry about in this phillistine section of the Colony, but when he masters the Cart they speculate the evident senility will abate.

Thanks again.
                  Regards, Tom

Comment

Well, we seem to be making some headway. The latest changes looked encouraging.

Under "Select Invoice Location" I get two boxes (One for choosing the country, the other for province), which I did not get before.

But under "Select Shipping Destination" I don;t have any boxes, thus resulting in the error message:
                    Select Shipping Destination - You have selected different invoice and shipping countries but have not checked the different shipping address check box.

If I can just get the shipping destination box to appear we would have it sorted.
                    Regards, Tom

Comment

Tom

You need someone to take a look at yoursnapshot and try and work out what is going on. I have no more ideas.

Could you please register a support query at HERE. The team should be able to help you out.

Comment

A new install of the program seems to have solved it. I haven't yet uninstalled it, I simply installed a new one in VMware, and with any luck importing the snapshot from the VMware version will solve the prblems in the original one. Thanks.
                        Regards, Tom

Comment

Working...
                        X