Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorrect html when accessing items via search results

Catalog V4 - project in progress

I have changed some template files to modify the layout of the product items page - which works fine when accessed directly from the sections page - but I have discovered that if, instead, I generate the same page from search results an extra <BR> appears between the price and the Add to Shopping Cart button - which messes up the layout.

Additionally... I have created popups (following the Advanced user guide instructions), to further describe the items, which are activated by clicking on thumbnails of the items. They work fine when the product items page is accessed directly from the sections page but I get a 404 "The page cannot be found" error message when I click on a thumbnail on a page generated via search results.

I'm sure I can resolve the latter problem by placing duplicate popup file(s) in the cgi-bin but I can't believe this is the correct solution. And, of course, this wouldn't clear up my code irregularities problem.

Any ideas??

If you go to View / Search Settings / Results and uncheck Highlight Located Text, then this may fix things.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

That worked a treat - but I'm still trying to figure out how your solution actually corrected the problem.

Many thanks.

Jim

Comment

The popups not working is easy to explain.

The search results page WITH highlighting is sent from a cgi-bin script (that processes the entire page and add <font color=red> type tags around any matched words.
        Also any pages you follow from that list get passed through the script. So you pages appear to be served from cgi-bin and thus your popup links don't work as they probably have relative URL's in them as they expect to be on pages in acatalog.

You could fix this by making all your popup URL's absolute ( http://mysite.com/acatalog/mypopup) but turning off search highlighting will actuallly make your pages display faster as they don't pass through another script.

As to the extra <br> - I haven't a clue where that came from.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X