Erratic Section Search behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erratic Section Search behavior

I can't seem to understand why some sections get selected to be included as Selectable Section on Search Page by default and others do not.

It's frustrating because when you update the site even sections you selected previously by double clicking on them and ticking the include as selectable box are unselected again when you update, but yet others are not.

What determines which sections are selected by default and which are not?
    Regards, Tom

I don't honestly know the answer to this one. When I turn on teh feature in my store, only the first section has the check-box selected - the others don't. But then when I do select the box for other sections and upload the store, they stay selected.

Someone really needs to take a look at your snapshot - for this, and the tax problem you are having.

Please register an email support request at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm to try and get this resolved quickly.

Comment

I see a clue here. On further investigation I see that the in the Section Text that have subsections delineated by a "|" they remain selected as included in the search, if it just has one section and no subsections they do not remain selected. Does this make sense?
      Regards, Tom

Comment

It makes sense, but I can't reproduce it on my PC. Could you ask the support team about it when you register a support question as they can take a look at your snapshot.

I have put registration details at the end of your thread HERE.

Comment

A bit early to tell (because I already had all sections created with subsections when I did the new import) but with the new install it looks like it may remain in the selected state on my end as well. I also think that the connection error was being caused by my own machine becoming unstable after running too many programs, I suspect Cold Fusion Studio as the culprit.

Thanks Chris.
          Regards, Tom

Comment

Working...
          X