are popups indexed by serach engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are popups indexed by serach engines

i want to add text to the popups on items, only want to do this to add more relevant text that will be picked up by google etc

so does anyone know if text in the javascript popup in actinic is indexed by search engines ?

thanks

Hmmm... Good question. Since the popups are separate HTML pages there should be no problem with search engines indexing them BUT the only link to these pages is via a javascript function call and I doubt that engines will be able to follow that.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

This was asked a while ago, I said the same as Norman, but in the meantime have been proved wrong.

Whipperleys.co.uk have got their pop ups indexed, I think they have added meta tags to the pop ups too

Comment

I don't know how they managed that. What engine found them. Any idea how it followed the showpopup code?

If I was betting the farm on this I'd make sure there was an absolute link there by putting an empty link into the product description.

E.g. if my popup was info_1.html then I'd add the code

!!<<a href="info_1.html"></a>>!!

Into my usual product description as this looks like something an engine could follow.

If you think that engines might not like to follow empty links then you could use

!!<<a href="info_1.html" onclick="return false;">.</a>>!!

where the link is a single dot but it won't be active.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X