X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best domain name

Does anyone know which would have a better serach engine viewing

onetwothreefour.co.uk or one-two-three-four.co.uk

i.e. is it better to run words together or use dashes?
    www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
    www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
    www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
    www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
    www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

I don't think it will really make much difference.

Google reportedly likes to see hyphens between words, but they will pick up words that run together in the url anyway.

So either way I wouldn't loose any sleep on it.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

if you choose a domain with keywords relevant to your site then you should use hyphens so that the SE can see where one word ends and the other begins

Comment

Also think of the human end user...

if onetwothreefour.co.uk comes top, and one-two-three-four.co.uk comes second, IMHO users would be able to read the second result better than the first and hence click on that.
        Kind regards,
        SAM WEREN
        ------------------
        http://www.gamble.co.uk
        Poker chips, roulette wheels, cards, dice
        and other home gambling equipment in the UK.

Comment

Domains are cheap. Get both. Advertise with one, but have the second redirect to the first. You would be upset if a competitor got the other.
          Bob Ladden

Comment

one of our clients has the domain name

businesssuccessystems

He wonders why no-one can spell in the domain name if they are typing into their browser!!

I get it wrong more that 50% of the time, and the panic coz i think the site has gone down!!

Comment

Thanks guys

I will register both but work with the dashes becasue, as you say they are easier to read.
              www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
              www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
              www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
              www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
              www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Comment

Working...
              X