Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Price update on component selection

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get a displayed total price for an item to instantly update & display depending on what options/components are selected - without, that is, clicking on the "add to basket" button?

For example if a page had a single product and that product had 2 components, each component having several options which could be selected via radio buttons, then the displayed total price would update depending on the combination of the choices from the two components (i.e. the sum of the selected components).

I guess it would require client-side scripting of some kind to pull the prices from the Permutations table for each component, each time the radio buttons are changed. Unless there is an option to do this somewhere and I haven't found it.

Thanks

I'm afraid this isn't in Actinic.

However I've done some patches that implement this. However it's not totally automatic. You must show the additional price in the text of each permutations choice in the format ([+][£|$|€]nnn.nn) i.e. within "(" and ")" with an optional "+" and optional £,$ or €.

If there's no price associated with a permutation just leave out the "(nnn.nn)" bit.

E.g.

Upgrade to DVD writer (+123.45).
    Only (£3.00) for gift wrapping.

As this is a substantial set of patches (Act_ProductLine, Act_ProductPrice
    and EVERY product variant template) I'm not giving this one away free. This way I'll be able to make time to
    provide support and updates.

Contact me off-forum if you like.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for the info Norman.
      I will certainly consider your option.
      However my client specifically wanted not to display individual prices next to each option (I know, I know...), but just show the total price. So I guess it may be a non-starter.
      Thanks again.
      Phil

Comment

It would be easy to strip out the price from showing against each item on the web-page using my patches. As you could put that additional text into the HTML for Name field it wouldn't show on the Cart.

You'd still have to include it in the descriptive text for each option (that's the only way to get at it - the list of values is held in the ActinicCatalog.mdb and is unavailable to the web-pages).

Norman

Comment

Thanks again Norman.

Would it be possible to get a rough idea of costs for the required modules? (either here or by email if preferred)?
          Thanks
          Phil

Comment

It's only £75. E-mail me rouxel@drillpine.biz and I'll send you a copy to try. Pay only if you use it.

Norman

Comment

Thanks Norman - I'll drop you a line shortly.
              Cheers
              Phil

Comment

Working...
              X