More Formatting Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Formatting Trouble

I've edited so many templates in so many ways, but cannot make my products display correctly.

I've attached a screen grab, which shows the current effort (top picture) and wanted design (bottom picture).

As you can see, there are the following problems:

* Size attribute insists on sitting on top of my add to cart button image.

* Strange border is placed to the right of the righter-most items.

* Despite creating a blank bottom-section (removing clour, qty, size, add to cart, enlarge pic) the base of the bottom product information table drops several pixels below the image's base.

Can I force the product size attribute to display in a custom location?

What is preventing the add to cart and enlarge pic items to meet with the right edge of the table?

What is causing the un-even table bottom?

Note - I won't be including the quantity (QTY) attribute.
    Attached Files
    edwards

* Size attribute insists on sitting on top of my add to cart button image.
    NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTS is available in v5 and v6 to insert variables separately from add to cart buttons. There is no equivalent in v4 though.

* Strange border is placed to the right of the righter-most items.
    This is either caused by cell-padding or some invalid table code. Can I see a URL or can you attach a generated page?

* Despite creating a blank bottom-section (removing clour, qty, size, add to cart, enlarge pic) the base of the bottom product information table drops several pixels below the image's base.
    Again, this is some invalid HTML somewhere. Try opening the product layout template in something like Dreamweaver and see if that helps you track down the problem.

Comment

Thanks for the reply cdicken.

Shame my size attribute is restricted to sitting on top of the Add to Cart button.

As to the excess table borders . . . I'm attaching an outputted product page (ProductFormatting.html). I'd tried to view it in Dreamweaver MX, but it doesn't display the layout in this environment (as you state, this is surely some incompatible HTML coding somewhere in all those template pages).

I've also attached the product table template too (Act_ProductLine3.html).

Edit - Sorry, didn't notice the forum doesn't support multiple attachments.
      edwards

Comment

I've uploaded these now, as there are problems using the forum's limitations.

Generated Product Page:
        http://www.edwardsdesignerwear.com/P...ormatting.html

Product Template Page:
        http://www.edwardsdesignerwear.com/A...ductLine3.html

This may also be worth mentioning . . . the Product Template page displays differently online, than it is locally, when dragged into Internet Explorer's window. In fact, both pages do.

Any ideas?
        edwards

Comment

Update on the excess table bottom . . .

From quite a bit of tampering, I've found that inserting the following netquotevar into a 134px heigh table cell, inserts an extra 4 pixels below the actinic-inserted picture:

CUSTOMVAR:POPUP NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF<Actinic:PRODUCT REF="NETQUOTEVAR:ACTUALPRODUCTREF"/>

I cannot find out where this is being added from.

Anyone!?
          edwards

Comment

I'm afraid your product layout template has some invalid HTML.

Look at lines 5-9

<TD vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=3><ACTINIC:PRODUCT
            REF="NETQUOTEVAR:ACTUALPRODUCTREF"/>
            NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF
            <TD vAlign=top align=middle width=2 rowSpan=3>
            <TD vAlign=top align=left width=261 bgColor=#5e5e5e height=40>

There are no </td> tags in any of that, which will casue IE no end of troubles.

Also, your heights and widths do not add up:

The height of the top row is 40 and the height of the bottom row is 40 (plus the 1 pixel for the separator). This makes 81. But the stated height of the cell containing the product image (which is meant to span all three rows) is 50.

The height of the bottom row is 40, but the height of the table within it is 47.

Then, the left hand cell within that table has a width set at 169, but the table within it (containing the colour) is set at 210. That table has two cells within it which have their widths set at 65 and 133 - making a combined width of 198 (12 pixels less than the width of the table).

Finally, the cell that contains the add to cart button has a height of 28, and the cell containing the pop-up button also has a height of 28 - making a combined height of 52. Unfortunately, the space available to them is 40.

I have removed all table heights and widths from the tables (attached). Have another go at adding them back in.
            Attached Files

Comment

Appologies for the appauling code.

Thanks for pointing at the lack of td closing tags. They seem to be responsible for the distortions.
              edwards

Comment

Custom attribute positioning restrictions aside . . . things are now looking better.

Again . . . thanks for pointing out the tag errors.
                edwards

Comment

Working...
                X