List of variables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of variables?

I'm using this forum since I can't contact Chris Dicken directly.

In November 2002 Chris responded to a footerguide query as follows:

I could recommend replacing NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTERGUIDE with the variables for individual navigation buttons. These are:

Search button - NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBSEARCH
    Checkout button - NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCHECKOUT
    Cart button - NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCART
    Email button - NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBMAIL
    SiteMap button - NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBSITEMAP
    Info button - NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBINFO
    Up button - NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBUP
    Back button (new) - NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBBACK
    Catalog button - NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCATALOG
    Home button - NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBHOME
    Login Button - NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBLOGIN

My questions are - do these variables relate to all versions of Catalog, and is there a COMPLETE list of variables available for version 4.

Funnily enough I can't even find the above variables listed in the v6 advanced user guide. Did I miss something?

The list in the advanced user guide currently only covers the variables that you will find in the templates, rather than all the variables that could be added to the templates. This is being addressed in a future release.

The list in the v6 Advanced User Guide is 98% compatible with v4. I can't put my hands on the definitive v4 list right now, however. It is in an archive somewhere. The main difference is that NETQUOTEVAR:SIMPLESEARCH does not work in v4, and the variables to do with extended info pages, and date/quantity/otherinfo prompts do not work in the product layout templates.

I hope that is of some use to you.

Comment

is there a list of the <Actinic: ???> </Actinic: ????> variables anywhere advanced user does not mention them ?

cheers

Comment

I only know the v6 Advanced User Guide lists template variables. There is no such list in the v4 version.

Jim

Comment

Steve

There is no list at the moment of the Actinic XML tags. Which ones are you interested in?

Comment

all of them i'd like to know what they do and how to use them i.e

Actinic:mainframe

regards

Comment

OK - I'll look to include some of this information in the documentation for v7.

Comment

Weight Variable

I'd like to add the total weight of the order in the "order recv" email, this is for our logistics partners to act upon and as such a despatch note...

What variable string is used in email to show weight?

Comment

There is no HTML variable for weight I'm afraid. There may be a way to create one with Perl, but this is not something I can do.

Comment

Working...
                  X