help with the prompt textbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with the prompt textbox

Is there any way of adding an input text area for the users without using the Prompts - more info section?

I tried doing it this way but I'm using an Attribute with 2 choices and it doesn't allow me to add these to the cart when I do it this way, is there anyway around this?

Need help really quick

The Other Info prompt is fully compatible with Attributes, Choices and Components on the same product so I'm not sure what problem you're seeing.

The only problem I can think of is that if you hit Enter after typing in the info that will submit the form and cause your default choices to be selected.

Also if you want to replace the single line with a textbox there are plenty of recent posts on this forum about that. Search recent postings for Other Info or Textbox and you should find it.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Here's the link to the page, could you take a look.

http://www.giftandwrap.co.uk/acatalog/giftwrap.html

I've yet to change the perl script to change the textbox from a single line to mupliple lines, but when you add the wrapping paper to the cart, it comes up with an error message.

Comment

It lloks like you've hard coded the Other info Prompt into that template but have selected Quantity on Confirmation page as it's section type.

The Other info (and Date) prompts should only be on the Product page if you select "Quantity on Product Page" for that section.

Norman

p.s. You pages are over 1024 pixels wide. There are lots of customers with 800 x 600 screens out there still.

Also on http://www.giftandwrap.co.uk/acatalo...elaincups.html (and probably other pages) there are lots of <body...> tags. Shouldn't these be <tbody...>?
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X