Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry run

Hi Folks,

Is there a way to see if the system is doing the correct calcualtions without uploading the website? I want to see if the prices are being added to the total bill along with the shipping charges according to the weight permutations in Business Settings/shipping. I am using the basic Catalog version of Actinic and am at a beginners' design stage!

Abe

You can do an offline preview (this is an option on the web menu), this creates a local copy of the web site and you can then do everything except actually buy things.

If this isn't good enough then you can install a local web server on your machine and publish your site to that. Instructions for doing this are included in Actinic's advanced user guide.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan,

You have great confidence in me, pointing me as you do to the "Advanced User Guide". Say I do manage to set up this web server will I have to write the CGI scripts to process the orders? Are scripts available as well?

Thanks Jan.

Abe

Comment

The scripts all come with Actinic, the guide basically explains how to install an apache web server on your pc and tells you how to configure it and Actinic to work together. Once it is there you will be able to run your full website locally, it should work almost as well as if it was installed on the website.

Some people find this easy to do (Pat can set this up in less than 10 minutes now) and other's find it hard (me for example)

Cheers,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

OK Jan,

I'll give it a whirl and hope I don't get scalped by those Apaches! Pat's probably a squaw and is 'unca heap' happy in her Tipee. I am hoping to sell Scottish smoked salmon venison and bacon if I ever get this sussed.

Cheers,

Abe

Comment

Working...
          X