hsbc payment in fraud review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rollerboy View Post
    on another point... word in my ear is that v7 was the best actinic, and it got buggy and confusing since then... If you look at the forum viewing figures, you'll see that theres always lots more people viewing the v7 and earlier forum than the v8 or v9 forums.
    Hmmm, or it could be that Actinic only support the two most recent versions ;-)

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

that may have something to do with it I suppose..
      but I do here people saying that v7 was the most stable and easy to use version.

Is the hsbc epayments integration in v9 any different to v7 though?
      Because if it isnt then upgrading will change nothing, the problems mentioned before will be the same. Getting a receipt for an order that hasnt gone through is quite wrong.

Comment

You know there are alternative payment providers out there, you're not willing to change one single thing about the way you run your store, your only "evidence" is based on hearsay and you slag off the software which this forum supports. Maybe you should spend less time "making sales" and more time in the office, and learn what Actinic is all about.
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Getting a receipt for an order that hasnt gone through is quite wrong.
          As Jules says there are other options to you. Unfortunately for you this is a problem that needs to be resolved by HSBC not Actinic, so there's little we or Actinic can do to help/adivse.

Have you contacted HSBC?

Army Gore-tex
          Winter Climbing Mitts
          Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

blimey Jules ! take a chill pill !

'bed' and 'got out of wrong side' spring to mind.

What do you mean I'm 'not willing to change one single thing' ??
            Of course I am.
            I pay people to run my office and pack orders... Is that wierd or something?

I feel like I've stumbled into a scene from deliverance.

I notice no-one has answered as to whether the v9 HSBC integration is any different to the v7 integration.

Unfortunately for you this is a problem that needs to be resolved by HSBC not Actinic
            I'm sorry, but with respect, I dont agree. Actinic advertises an integration with HSBC secure Epayments. Yes I have contacted HSBC. HSBC issues a response code 9, when an order goes into 'fraud review'. Unfortunately, Actinic doesnt do anything when it receives this response. That, is not HSBCs fault.
            The result, as described is that even failed orders get a receipt from the shop ! That is not a proper integration.

There are of course many PSPs... I sell worldwide and the HSBC brand is one of the most recognisable in the world. I chose HSBC specifically for their branded payment page.

Comment

The payment integration is usually the responsibilty of the PSP. Actinic sells an integration toolkit to the PSP who then program the interface.

I'm not sure if this was true in this case but may well be.

Comment

I chose HSBC specifically for their branded payment page.
                Well maybe that was the wrong decision, given that the integration isn't what you're looking for. Am wondering when you first noticed the problem with the PSP Pending orders?
                Also wondering what your site url is as we have keen skaters chez nous.
                Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Hi Duncan,

Hhmm.. are you sure thats right?

Not according to HSBC at any rate.

and the actinic paypal integration was not built by paypal either.. I know that much...

I'm dubious as to if it really ever is that way round. PSPs have their own integration instructions for carts and designers to follow... not the other way round. Actinic is relatively small fry compared to hsbc, paypal, worldpay, sage etc.. I'm sorry I cant see the onus being on them to build integrations..

Comment

Try the google search at the top of the forum for 'payment integration kit'. I expect it's a bit of tit for tat and negotiation.

Comment

The problem you are faced with is that all the PSPs, in your case HSBC, are doing is flagging transaction that "could" be fraudulent.#

This could happen because the customer doesn't reside in the UK, they've keyed something in wrong or they are actualy using a stolen card.

Not an ideal solution as far as I'm concerned.
                      Initially 25-40% of orders were going into fraud review.
                      If what you want was to be implemented and every transaction that goes into fraud review does not complete then essentially a 3rd of your customers will perceive their order to be cancelled, would they not?

It doesn't sound like you are going to get what you want unless you upgrade to V9 and use AP. Orders will still be downloaded into Actinic as with HSBC, but there will be a dirty red light next to any order that "could" be bogus. Your staff can then look at the payment details all within the Actinic Software and make a decision there and then based on a set of criteria you have given them.

Army Gore-tex
                      Winter Climbing Mitts
                      Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

If what you want was to be implemented and every transaction that goes into fraud review does not complete then essentially a 3rd of your customers will perceive their order to be cancelled, would they not?
                        Yes thats true. I can see your point.

..and the AP integration for v9 does sound like it works how I would expect.
                        Having looked at the Ap payment system on other sites.. I was concerned that 'Actinic' is not a well known enough brand.. and didnt instill as much trust as HSBC or other well known brands. Maybe I'm over cautious and web shoppers arent that worried about the pages they enter card details on. For me I always want to see a padlocked page on a site I've heard of.

Comment

Just a few comments on this thread.

Firstly, the HSBC ePayments integration is the same in v9 as in v7. The ePayments integration with Actinic was commissioned by HSBC and built by Actinic to their specification. The agreement was that if things changed, HSBC could commission us to make the changes. They haven't done so in this case.

The AP lack of branding awareness doesn't appear to be a problem, based on quite a bit of feedback on this forum. In addition, a lot of people brand the Actinic Payments (AP) payment page with their own store branding. The advanced SSL certificate (which leads to the green bar on the browser address) is non-trivial to obtain and ensures that the site isn't a scam. It is true, however, that not a lot of consumers know that. But if they refer to a security expert, that's what they would be told.

This may sound strange, and almost unbelievable, but I personally have heard of two merchants that reported that customers have not paid via HSBC "because I don't have an HSBC card" or similar words. I've not yet heard of one report of poeple abandoning AP because they didn't recognise the brand.I would be surprised if people haven't occasionally done so because of this issue, but if they do, it is clearly on a very, very small scale.

When we introduced AP, brand recognition was one of my concerns, but hasn't been an issue in practise. It's one of those cases that what logically seems like it might be an issue turns out not to be. See the recent discussion on SSL cerrificates in checkout for a similar perplexing example.

We're currently seeing a rapidly rising uptake of Actinic Payments, so something has got to be right. Creditcall are being similarly successful, and it's very likely that virtually all of us have put card payments through their network, independent of Actinic, already. They have just secured another massive payments win, although it's not public knowledge yet.

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris

Thanks for the info re the integration of hsbc and v7 and v9.

and also your comments regarding AP branding.. as I said.. I may have been being over-cautious regarding the branding etc.. maybe customers are less cautious generally. The integration does sound excellent.. I will have to do some thinking.

All the best

Comment

Working...
                            X