Secure Server CGi-BIN URL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secure Server CGi-BIN URL

In the network setup wizard you eventually arrive at the window where you enter the URL of the cgi-bin for your secure server.

If it is a shared SSL this needs to be different than the website the cgi-bin must be under the domain that the SSL cert is issued to. However, if you enter that domain name in there, the window bumps the URL back to the domain name of the non SSL website.

As this is fundamental to setting up almost every website, I must have missed something, but I can't figure out what.
    Regards, Tom

Nope your assertions are correct - silly isnt it ? I got round it by softlinking from one to the other.

Let me know how you got on

(surfingtom@hotmail.com - put "actinic" in the subject top avoid getting put in my spam bin)

Comment

Thanks Tom. I'm trying to imagine how you may have done that, thought a virtual mapping in IIS on the server perhaps?

As it stands the Wizard is totally unusable. I tried to force the setting in Advanced > Netwok Settings. I've created virtual directories in IIS on the server, etc., and although the test button likes the settings and I can refresh the site, something is still very wrong.

I'm lucky in that I just flick a switch on a KVM and I can configure the server, and I still can't get it. For people that have to go through their hosting service for this it must be a nightmare, that's why I can't believe this part of the process is so vey painful.
      Regards, Tom

Comment

Hi,

I use a unix server - Im not sure what you would do on an IIS server although virtual directories sounds good.

Personally Ive had other problems since and find that the Actinic software is buggy in this area. When I tried to get the support I had paid for to test it out on their servers they explained that they didn't have any secure server space they could test it on - ?!?!? I always find the technical support at Actinic helpful if slow at getting back to you at times, but this was not good.

That said everything was working fine for several months as described but then it went belly up and have had to move to the applet method until the next update comes out as tech support dont know why it doesn't work.

Also annoying is the lack of authenticated SMTP support.

grumble, whinge.....

Cheers,
        Tom B.

Comment

Working...
        X