cvv2 intermittent problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cvv2 intermittent problem

This is an intermittent problem, but an annoying one.

The web-site is using the built in security applet and the cvv2 is being correctly requested however sometimes when looking at an orders payment details the cvv2 box is not there. Then when a new order is downloaded the cvv2 is not being shown.
    If I restart Actinic the cvv2 will suddenly reappear but empty.

If I make sure the cvv2 is shown in an orders details before I attempt to download then there is no problem.

I'm using version 6.1.3 and there are 2 sites which I switch between, one with this problem and the other using a psp.

Has anyone else encountered such a 'feature'??
    Regards Steve

www.UltimateFightwear.co.uk
    www.thedancersshop.co.uk
    www.ice-dancer.co.uk

There must be a get rich quick scheme that works!

cvv2 intermittent problem continued

Further testing has shown the problems lies with the java applet not always asking for the cvv2 even though the relevant boxes have been checked. Again still intermittent.

Someone please help, this is for my wife's web-site and I'll be taking a lot of stick if I don't find a solution soon
    Regards Steve

www.thedancersshop.co.uk
    www.ice-dancer.co.uk

Comment

cvv2 intermittent problem continued

Further testing has shown the problems lies with the java applet not always asking for the cvv2 even though the relevant boxes have been checked. Again still intermittent.

Someone please help, this is for my wife's web-site and I'll be taking a lot of stick if I don't find a solution soon
      Regards Steve

www.thedancersshop.co.uk
      www.ice-dancer.co.uk

Comment

As I understand it, the CVV2 box on the Java Applet will appear and disappear depending on what credit card you have selected. The CVV2 field will only appear for the cards that you have stated you require a CVV2 number for in 'Business Settings | Payment and Security'.

If this is not the answer, perhaps you could give us a URL to look at

Comment

A 3-digit CVV2 has been selected for all cards including Switch and Electron and has been since the site started almost 2 years ago. We have only had this problem since the upgrade to version 6.
          Feel free to try it out at http://www.thedancersshop.co.uk
          Regards Steve

www.thedancersshop.co.uk
          www.ice-dancer.co.uk

Comment

Right.

I've placed a test order on yout store (ATTEST10000088) and had a go at doing everything I knew to break the java applet, but no joy.

I suggest you register a support email request at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and the team there can take a look at your snapshot and make a suggestion.

It could, of course, be a java issue on your PC. Get Internet Explorer to delete all you temporary files ('Tools | Internet Options') and try viewing the applet again.

Comment

I've seen the cvv2 and not seen it when testing the java applet.
              But we have had batches of orders where the cvv2 has not downloaded to our machine which means it could be a java issue on customers machines too??

By the way java is already enabled on my machine
              Regards Steve

www.thedancersshop.co.uk
              www.ice-dancer.co.uk

Comment

OK - could you please raise a support request at the address I gave you and the team will investigate the problem in more depth.

Comment

Working...
                X