problem in setting up the correct network settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem in setting up the correct network settings

I get this error on pressing the add to cart button. I have checked the acatalog folder and that file exists. I suspect this is related to my problem in setting up the correct network settings and getting the paths straight between acatalog and cgi-bin?

Error: Error opening C:/Sites/TestSite/acatalog/205Z206Z127Z196A1069380136B1092.session (Permission denied)

Am I correct in assuming on shared SSL with only login, etc., checked for SSL, you must use acatalog in 2 locations, one under the domain for the SSL and one for non-SSL? If yes, then I would indeed seem to have a problem for the one that is designated SSL is still empty after a refresh.
    Regards, Tom

I suspect this is related to my problem in setting up the correct network settings and getting the paths straight between acatalog and cgi-bin?
    Sometimes with Windows servers like yours, you need to put something like '../acatalog' in the 'Path from ... as viewed by the FTP server' and in the standard 'Path too...' field you put in './acatalog'. Also, have you set up your cgi-bin as a virtual directory as discussed HERE.
    (Permission denied)
    The setup doc I pointed to above tells you about how you need to set up the IUSER_computername account with the correct permissions for the 'acatalog' folder. This is the user that the Perl runs as when creating and deleting session files.
    Am I correct in assuming on shared SSL with only login, etc., checked for SSL, you must use acatalog in 2 locations, one under the domain for the SSL and one for non-SSL?
    No - not necessarily. They could be the same directory visible via two different connections - http and https. There is quite a good description for this in the help in 'Advanced - Putting Your Store Online'.

Experience has shown me that problems like this are almost impossible to pin down on a forum. I suggest you register an email support request.

Comment

Thanks Chris,

I eventually came up with something that worked after much trial and error. I mapped the acatalog directory for SSL as a virtual directlry mapping in IIS. And I changed the permissions and got the other error sorted too. Thanks.
      Regards, Tom

Comment

Working...
      X