X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aditional prompts

Hi,

can anyone help with a problem I have with a website www.looneyballoons.com

After a clients adds the product to a basket they are asked for aditional information ie message and delivery date, however if they continue shopping these fields are lost so when they add another product they have to also enter a message and delivery date for the original product again, can anyone tell me why and how to fix the problem

Many thanx

John

Hmmm - your URL just points to a 'register.com' holding page.

With regards to the error, there was a change in 6.1.3 in how Actinic stores the other info prompt information.

Could you go to 'Design | Text', click 'Go to' and go to ID 2161. Then click 'Restore Defaults' just to make sure you are using the latest code for this field.

If you have edited this to change the other info field into a text box then please go to this article in the knowledge base.

Comment

Hi Chris,

sorry it should have been www.looneyballoon.com old age must be kicking in I’m not sure what I have done as I followed Normans instructions, then yours then Normans again and the last time round it worked, likelihood is I messed it up somewhere but it works now, not having yours and Normans expertise I’m not keen recreate the problem again but prefer to leave it working

As always my sincere gratitude for your assistance

Kind Regards

John

Comment

Chris said:-

If you have edited this to change the other info field into a text box then please go to this article in the knowledge base - http://knowledge.actinic.com/users/k...t.html#aGC137.
        This article is for Actinic prior to 6.1.3. It might need a warning to reflect that and the details for 6.1.3 appended.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,

Sorry to seem really (not unsual for me at the best of times never mind at this time of night hehe ) thick but the link seems to take me to

"How do I get rid of the space between my components at the top of the page? "

and

"How can I have a list of checkboxes for people to click on to select which products they want? "

I don’t really see the relevance, question is what am I missing (.....be kind)

Kind Regards

John

Comment

I was pointing out (to Chris) that the Knowledge Base article is now out of date. The relevant bit of the page (you have to scroll down a bit) starts:

Issue: How can I change the size of the 'Other Info' text box?
            Anyway it's not relevant to you as you want a textarea in there and that's what I detailed in your other similar thread.

Norman
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

ah, thoguth I was being a bit dumber than usual

many thanx

John

Comment

Working...
              X