Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Product Link

Hi,

I have searched the forum but cant find an answer to this, forgive me if it has already been covered.

Would there be any way of creating a link on my site that would pull out products that have been recently added, i.e. in the last seven days? and then after seven days remove them? Or would you have to create another page and add them manually, by creating a duplicate set of products?

Any Ideas??
    http://www.skatewarehouse.co.uk/

Or would you have to create another page and add them manually, by creating a duplicate set of products?
    This is what you would have to do.

I suppose you could add a word like 'New!' on your product short descriptions and then edit your search tool to bring up a page of search results that just have the word 'New' in them. To generate the search code, you can adapt Act_SimpleSearch.html....
    Code:
    <form name=simplesearch action="http://your.URL/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl" METHOD="GET">
    <input type="hidden" name="SS" value="New">
    <input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="See the New Products">
    <input TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="PR" VALUE="-1">
    <input TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="TB" VALUE="A">
    <input TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SHOP" VALUE="">
    </form>
    ... and then include this code into your overall layout template somewhere.

Comment

An excellent idea.

I'd make that something like "--New--" and add the "-" to the list of Word Characters in View / Search Settings / Search options. This would prevent other occurrrences of the word New from getting in that list.

Also if you think your customers will use this a lot, I've a patch that would add the product images to the Search results. It does require that your image names are related to your product references, however.

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

You can also define a CUSTOMVAR which is assigned only to "New" products.

Regards,
        Zoltan
        Actinic Software
        www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X